“Very impressive little restaurant”

Pakhtoon Restaurant
Ranked #3,220 of 23,994 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Description: PAKHTOON The unique food culture a culture dating back to around 500 BC, is testament to human resourcefulness and skill, creating stunning, flavoursome dishes from sparse ingredients in a rugged land.In Indian cuisine you can taste the elemental flavours of the earth, delicately spiced by the Chef. We at Pakhtoon invite you to experience the land of the North West Frontier
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I've always been very fond of Indian food and have tried a great many of them all over the world. When I visited London with some family members who had never tried Indian food before I decided to introduce them to this wonderful cuisine. After viewing restaurants on tripadvisor I decided to try Pakhtoon. Long story short, we were all very impressed. The food was fantastic with ample portions, service was top class and the restaurant itself was very cozy and clean. I was surprised to see the restaurant was almost empty at 7pm, but I suspect it won't be like that for long. Highly recommended and very moderately priced for the quality you get.

1  Thank Fodgett

Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Small restaurant with very friendly and attentive service, fantastic authentic fresh food. Very clean. I highly recommend it. A must try.

1  Thank Chetan B
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I only tried Indian food once before but after trying Pakhtoon, I am hooked. This restaurant is wonderful - the location is perfect, the staff is nice, and the food is delicious. The only criticism I have is the prices seem to have crept up as time goes on...however, the food is definitely worth the money!

1  Thank M Z
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I crave for authentic Indian food. Having dined in numerous Indian restaurants in London, I just can't believe a place near Hyde Park on Edgware Road can offer such original Indian food and superb customer service in such an interesting setting. I was really surprised that the true taste of Indian food can be found in this hidden gem in London...wow!

Out of interest when I called for the Chef, I discovered that he is the MasterChef from Delhi who has started Pakhtoon as his first venture. He wants to make it really big in the UK while his ultimate aim remains unchanged to ensure every guest leaves satisfied. Staff members I interacted with are so smiling, genuine and polite. Never felt I was away from home while I dined in Pakhtoon....

Londoners are so lucky to have this precious place...Pakhtoon! My favourite MasterChef Iqbal...thanks for your outstanding hospitality and taking time to speak to me...I will be back next week...

1  Thank Ash G
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This doesn't have the look and feel of a great restaurant, but just wait until you try the food. The location is great, near Marble Arch Tube station. The menu didn't inspire, but the food was authentic and fresh, cooked to perfection with just the right mix of textures and flavours.

Just one niggle - please offer real masala chai and not tea bags.