“Don't judge the book by its cover”

Pakhtoon Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Pakhtoon Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,783 of 22,834 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Description: PAKHTOON The unique food culture a culture dating back to around 500 BC, is testament to human resourcefulness and skill, creating stunning, flavoursome dishes from sparse ingredients in a rugged land.In Indian cuisine you can taste the elemental flavours of the earth, delicately spiced by the Chef. We at Pakhtoon invite you to experience the land of the North West Frontier
Oslo, Norway
“Don't judge the book by its cover”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We arrived to a surprisingly empty place on Eastern Monday, and my first impression was a bit sceptical. We got the menu which looked a little bit uninspiring - the starters and the main courses seems to be the same. The ambience was, well, alright but ot much more. Hm - should this really be as good as the reivews of tripadvisor says?

Then the food arrived, and wow - what food we got! We had chicken kebab and mushrooms with cheese as starters. Succulent, flavourful and just perfectly spicy - it promised good for the dinner. While finishing the starters, lots of people entered, and once we had finished dinner the restaurant was crowded - which also took the athmosphere to a higher level.

We both had lamb for main course. I had lamb tandoori and my wife had lamb kebab, together with dal and garlic naan. The taste of the meat was just fabulous, and the consistence and taste of the dal was excellent.

During our dinner, the owner of the place came and chitchatted with us - a pleasant converation and experience

What really gave credit is what happened afterwards. My wife ate by mistake the full chili that was in the dal - a spicy experience...The owner came with milk chocolate (which actually worked really well for the spice!) and some icecream to my wife, without charging extra, and to be nice he also served me a small sweet dessert.

This is the kind of things that really made us feel welcome and feeling that they walk the extra mile.

I'm not sure it's the best place for a romantic dinner, but for getting great, authentic indian food to a decent price, this place is really something i can recommend! We will come back next time I visit London!

1 Thank Zalle78

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
“"Melting pot of authentic Indian flavours"”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Perfect location if you are visiting central London.Closest tube is Marble arch.The ambience is trendy and the food superb.The service is quick, warm and friendly.I had a good time with my friends who thoroughly enjoyed the food and particularly impressed with the kebabs,curries and Biryani.......their signature dal,chicken biryani,lamb curry and tandoori prawns on the menu should not be missed.It was a real value for money in a convenient spot.

• Visited April 2014
“Food Haven - the "PAKHTOON" way”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

If you are looking for the best and authentic Moghlai/Indian restaurant in London, Pakhtoon in Marble Arch is the ONE. Located at a stones throw away from the Marble Arch tube station, it provides authentic indian cuisine. For starters we had some veg pakoras, Meat platter ( seekh kebab, Chicken tikka, Chicken malai tikka ). For mains we had Dum Chicken Biryani, Signature Dal , Naans, and mutton curry. For the grande finale we had Gulab jamuns.
Honestly speaking, i have been in a lot of indian restaurants, but this is the only restaurant that focussed on consistency and authentic indian taste.
I would strongly recommend Pakhtoon to everyone who would like to enjoy some excellent food with some great friendly service by the staff at Pakhtoon.
I had personally called on Chef Iqbal Ahamed ( who has had experience working in some of the best hotels in the world ) to thank him for making our lunch memorable.
Will certainly be back with my friends and families.

Axminster, United Kingdom
“What a find!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We discovered this excellent restaurant on the first evening of our recent short break in London, and after our first meal there, decided to go back each evening after that. Everything was delicious, from the succulent Tandoori chicken to the tasty Aloo Tikki, and a subtle blend of spices in the Fish Curry complemented that dish beautifully. Don't miss out on the gorgeous Dal Tadka, which is the best and most authentic I have ever tasted, as are the Peshawari naans, and my husband would equally recommend the Signature Dal - we were so impressed with the dals that on our last night in London we collected two large bags of takeaway portions for our freezer, as we live almost 200 miles away. I'd have taken the whole restaurant home if I could have! The proprietor devises the dishes himself - he and his staff are very friendly, helpful and attentive, and the restaurant has a great welcoming and relaxing atmosphere. I wished we had been staying longer in London so that we could have sampled more of this excellent cuisine, so I'm now looking for a good excuse to travel to London again, when I will be making a beeline for Pakhtoon at the first opportunity :)

Redhill, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely Stunning!!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We chose Pakhtoon as we were meeting up with friends for a work reunion and was I completely bowled over! You can't beat Pakhtoon's central London Marble Arch location. Easily accessible via the Central line on the Tube, this little gem of a place is a must visit for those craving traditional and authentic Indian food. The food was very fresh and delicately flavoured and not overly spiced. The Dum Biryani was to die for, the starters were succulent, juicy and I could get the smoky aroma of the Tandoor which is so important when eating traditional kebabs. I cannot think of a better place to eat Dal Makhani, oh so creamy and delicious and just the right consistency. The ambience of Pakhtoon was very chilled out, the service was brilliant, the staff very warm and caring and the owner Iqbal Ahamad very hospitable and genuinely interested in his customers needs. But I must say besides of course the food being excellent, one area that I found very impressive was the unisex bathroom with a stunning interior, clean, fresh, well designed and very roomy and well thought of, this is an area that many restaurateur's neglect but Pakhtoon has paid great attention to finer details of a customer's overall experience. Well done to you all at Pakhtoon, I hope to visit again!!!