“Welcomed into a home”
Review of Fig Tree House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Fig Tree House
Ranked #146 of 579 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The owners of this bed and breakfast are the loveliest people in all of London. As soon as we came in, they offered us a cup of tea and we always had lovely chats about our days. They offered great advice to places to visit and things to see. The house is in a lovely suburb, only about twenty minutes by train to London, which gave me time to wake up each morning. You can catch it to London Bridge, Cannon St or Charring Cross. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone staying in London and wanting something nice and affordable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Gerry was super helpful with all the emailing and prep beforehand while the hosts Ruth and John were so hospitable and willing to help my friend and I out. They all gave us tips for our time in London and they were just so genuinely kind... I even got a lift to the station when I left.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed November 25, 2013

With a tight budget, I needed a clean, affordable place to stay that is located near the O2 arena. I was really glad that I came across Fig Tree House, it is located very near to Hither Green station and only 20 minutes ride to the O2 arena and also just a few minutes ride to attractions like London Bridge, Waterloo etc. Everyone was very warm and friendly and John, Ruth and Gerry did everything in their power to make things as comfortable as possible. It was really a home away from home for me. I would recommend Fig Tree House to everyone that needs a place to stay in London.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I needed to find a Bed and Breakfast close to London. How fortunate it was that I selected Fig Tree House out of the many places available. Gerry made the booking so simple and Ruth and John provided information of local shops. Their B & B is close to the railway station. They are a laid-back group and I enjoyed my stay as we had many common interests. The rooms are clean and comfortable and there are no annoying rules and regulations. Having off street parking was a bonus and the CCTV protection. I need to return each year about the same time and have already provisionally booked for 2014. Thanks again guy's.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed at Fig Tree House 4 nights and 5 days. I really enjoyed staying here. The hosts made me feel at home. They are so kind, lovely, friendly people. One day, I asked for Ruth if I use a washing machine. She said "Leave them I will laundry them for you" After I got back home from tour, she did laundry and even ironing them. So kind of you, Ruth! I've never got this kind of hospitality at any hotel.
But the only one problem is that WIFI does not work in the room. Well, you can get online in a living room. It's not a serious problem.
I'm willing to recommend you Fig Tree House.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Seon J
GerryWhittaker, General Manager at Fig Tree House, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for the nice words in your review of us. We have now fixed the problem with the Wi-Fi in the single room with a new Router.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed in the B&B Fig Tree House in September 2013.
Thoroughly loved it a lot with a very convenient location to the local Railway station only three minutes walk away.
Clean rooms, a beautiful dining room, well-equipped bathroom, always fresh food and lots of fruit for breakfast.
Relaxing patio decking area & garden that looks like a little fairy tale.
The hosts are very nice people & very ready to help resolve your issues.

Gladly recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Vyacheslav_Chernyakh
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Really enjoyed my 2 week stay from late August to first 11 days of September. Rooms and accomidations were like staying with friends or family. Could come and go as I please and self-catering breafast was as early as I needed. Rail station within 10 minute walk made transportation very easy. I cannot say enough good things about my hosts, very very helpful and pleasant. I'm planning a return vist next year and looking forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Monte D

So glad you enjoyed your stay so much. But which station did you walk to as our local train station is only 3 minutes walk away? Look forward to seing you next year then.