“Lovely Sardinian restaurant, friendly atmosphere, delicious food. It deserves more publicity!”
Review of Ristorante Ichnusa - MOVED

Ristorante Ichnusa
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Sardinia (called Ichnusa by the ancient Romans and Greeks) is an Italian Island who has a great heritage of culinary culture and folklore, and we are proud to bring some of the unmistakable flavours of this proud Mediterranean land to you at our restaurant in Lavender Hill, Battersea. At Ristorante Ichnusa we offer the authentic taste of Sardinia, preparing our pastas and main courses in the same traditional way our grandmothers did when we were kids. Strong, bold flavours and the freshest ingredients combine with handmade delicacies and full bodied wine to produce an unforgettable experience for all who grace our tables. Our specialties include homemade malloreddus with sausage and saffron, braised rabbit, grilled venison, fresh fish and suckling piglets. We offer everything from cured meats and cheeses to spicy green beans with garlic, familiar Italian favourites such as tagliatelle with ragu to Napolitan pasta with seafood and sweet tomatoes. For dessert there is also the mouth watering seadas drizzled with honey and a full range of tempting coffees and digestifs. We can also offer Gluten free and whole wheat pasta and Halal meats, meaning everyone can enjoy the real taste of Sardinia!
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We had dinner at Ichnusa last night, after wandering by on our way back from Battersea Park. I had no idea there was a Sardinian place in this part of town, so decided to give it a go, even though the place was really quiet (to be fair, it was barely 8pm on a sunny evening).
We were welcomed in a very friendly way - special shout out to the guy from Fano whose name I can't remember who really made us feel at home.
I was in the mood for meat, so we ordered the Grigliata Mista (mixed grill) for 2: that was A LOT of meat, all cooked and seasoned to perfection, with some delicious roast potatoes as well.
We were completely stuffed after that, but we found a little space for a really delicate panna cotta that perfectly rounded up the meal.
This is not a fancy place, more like friendly, cosy and non-pretentious. However you get the impression they get a lot of repeat business and locals just dropping in because they know the friendly staff.
It was a lovely evening, and a genuine Italian experience. I look forward to going back, and I've recommended it to all my home-sick Sardininian friends!

2  Thank LuisaLondon

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have been looking to go at Ichnusa since I saw the Sardinian flag while I was on the bus couple of weeks ago and thought: gotta go there!!
Simple and lovely atmosphere, my boyfriend and I were welcomed by Alberto, who made us feel home immediately.
And the food...what can I say!! Beautiful fish starter, I felt like I was in the Mediterranean!
You could smell the sea and the quality of the ingredients, just great!
Don't leave without having tried the home made Malloreddus, I had the black ink version but the original ones (Malloreddus alla Campidanese), were the ones I loved the most!
very much family food
Dessert was great, too...well done Chef Roberto!

2  Thank CRISTINA A
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Lovely Italian restaurant serving typical Sardinian food. I recommend their hand made Malloredus-delicious!

3  Thank lbertola
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Please do not go to Ichnusa if you expect fine dining but if you are looking for a genuine and comfortable food that is just the right place for you.
The greeting is not the fasted but the warmest, the service is great but not taking over your whole experience. The food is just like your mamma used to cook, if you are Sandinian, or at least Italian. my wife and I could not ask for more. We booked our table on Sunday at 2pm and left around 6pm. 4 hours spent with people that we didn't even know. That's the true side of hospitality.
We highly recommend this Sardinian gem. Enjoy!!!

4  Thank Surrealbutnice
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

It doesn't look much from the outside but has exceptionally good food. Everything we've tried has been nice but the fish is always superb. The staff are genuine and efficient. Atmosphere is friendly although not intimate. We always wonder why it is not packed, but at least you can almost always get a table.

2  Thank Felixhfly