“What a let down!”
Review of Ristorante Ichnusa - MOVED

Ristorante Ichnusa
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Sardinia (called Ichnusa by the ancient Romans and Greeks) is an Italian Island who has a great heritage of culinary culture and folklore, and we are proud to bring some of the unmistakable flavours of this proud Mediterranean land to you at our restaurant in Lavender Hill, Battersea. At Ristorante Ichnusa we offer the authentic taste of Sardinia, preparing our pastas and main courses in the same traditional way our grandmothers did when we were kids. Strong, bold flavours and the freshest ingredients combine with handmade delicacies and full bodied wine to produce an unforgettable experience for all who grace our tables. Our specialties include homemade malloreddus with sausage and saffron, braised rabbit, grilled venison, fresh fish and suckling piglets. We offer everything from cured meats and cheeses to spicy green beans with garlic, familiar Italian favourites such as tagliatelle with ragu to Napolitan pasta with seafood and sweet tomatoes. For dessert there is also the mouth watering seadas drizzled with honey and a full range of tempting coffees and digestifs. We can also offer Gluten free and whole wheat pasta and Halal meats, meaning everyone can enjoy the real taste of Sardinia!
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Either this was an off night or other reviewers are easily pleased!!!
We visited this place on a Saturday evening based on the good reviews. What a huge disappointment!

We were not greeted by the staff on a arrival, the place was empty, apart from one other table, it was really cold, with no ambience at all.
When it came to ordering, two of us went for the specials on offer, only to be told they'd ran out!! We
re chose and the food did arrive pretty quickly, which was great and it did taste good. It was just a shame we had to eat it watching the waitresses yawning!!!
When the bill came we were told they could only take cash as the credit card machine wasn't working, maybe out if their hands but irritating non the less, as one of us had to then find the nearest cash point machine. 12% service was added to the bill and they didn't even return our change. Our departure also went un noticed, just like our arrival, no goodbye or thank you!
A real shame, as the food was pretty decent... At least the chef is doing something right... But unfortunately we won't be returning!

1  Thank Lisa S

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Woke up this morning with a serious craving for some juicy mussels and a cold glass of white wine. Living in the area and having walked past a few times, myself and my girlfriend decided to give it a try.

Not busy considering it was a Saturday afternoon, but Lavender Hill doesn't really get the daytime trade in general.... We were greeted warmly and took a table outside. A bottle of their house Sardinian beer and an Aperol Spritz later, we were ready to order our food. We decided to share a starter, pasta dish, and main dish to get a feel of what they could do....and a bottle of their house Pinot Grigio to wash it all down...

Mussels starter was loaded with flavour, great size, and we scooped every last drop of sauce from the bowl with the shells. Full on pepper, lemon and garlic. A winning start. Saffron Gnocchi was a delicious. Big portion, obviously conscientiously prepared, nice fillet of fish (mullet?) on top. Scrumdiddlyumptious. Rabbit dish was great; beautiful sauce and freshly roasted potatoes. Not a big fan of rabbit lung so left that part of the dish aside. Panna cotta simple but not overwhelming.

Service was calm and friendly. Difficult to judge service when a restaurant only has two tables but from what I saw, I would be confident in saying that they keep standards high across the board.

All in all, a great experience and we'll be going back pretty soon. We spied on the menu the option of suckling pig to share between 5 (pre-order only) which is definitely on the cards...

3  Thank littleramekin
Reviewed March 18, 2014

High quality and excellent service. Pasta, bread and desserts home made ! Rare to find it nowadays.
Big portions and small prices. I suggest to try burrata caprese, fregola sarda, suckling piglet (order in advance) and as dessert sebadas.
Remember to drink cannonau or vermentino if you prefer white wine.
I discovered that it's possible to grab take away so that now i know what to bring with me when someone wants invite us in their house !

I will definetely come back with my family and my friends !!!

2  Thank Henry z
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

As I like sardinyan foods I was looking for a good one and found Jchnusa reviews on trip adviser and decided to visit it.
I went there saturday night with my girlfriend .The restaurant was full so they offeres us a complimentary glass of prosecco while waiting for a table as we walked in without a reservation which after 15 minutes was ready . The waiter took our order and suggested the wine for our meals and was the right one.
The foods were testing very fresh and the flavors were well balanced . We sent the compliment to the chef that after come to great us with 2 shoots of mirto on the house . Very happy about this place because made us feel at home .
I highly suggest to try Jchnusa and I will definitely come back .
Thank you chef .

2  Thank stive r
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Delicious and great service. Home made bread was great, starters were exceptional and I highly recommend the pasta. Fresh, tasty, delicious pasta - a perfect Italian meal. The service was outstanding (even good at directions if you get lost!)

3  Thank njh1012