“Perfect pasta” 5 of 5 bubbles

Jamie's Italian
Ranked #6,286 of 22,217 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Greenwich
Description: Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Bromley, United Kingdom
“Perfect pasta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Went with the family after a trip up the Thames, had to wait for about ten minutes for a table but hey it was half term and we sat at the bar and had a drink. We were then shown to our table our waiter was great really interacted with the kids and was very helpful with our menu choice.
The food turned up and was excellent everything was eaten nothing was left boys cleaned up. My pasta with prawns in a chilli sauce was some of the best pasta I've ever had. When the bill turned it nice surprise including four alcoholic drinks and several lemonades it came to less than £60 this included four main courses. I've spent more in a Pizza Hut for rubbish.
If your in Greenwich and feel hungry I suggest you go

Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
“good, for a chain resturant.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

So, my wife and I came here with fairly low expectations for what is effectively a restaurant chain. The food was good but not exceptional and whilst the pasta was fresh, it was served very al dente bordering on raw. The ragú was nice, but similar to what you would make at home and was dished onto the plate without much care.

The service was average, we had no problem getting the waiters attention. However, he had problems remembering our order and we had to ask for some bread 3 times before it eventually came.

If you are going with small children the highchairs are top of the range and they have gone to exceptional measure to make this a very good family establishment with well thought out childrens’ menus, crayons etc.

The deserts looked amazing but didn’t taste as nice as they looked.

The Restaurant itself is very large and open plan.

That said I feel it is only fair to say that whilst I was eating in this restaurant my football team (Arsenal) were being comprehensively thrashed by Liverpool and this had ruined my mood for eating out!

If you have a voucher for 'Ask' or any other pasta resturant in greenwich. You would be better off saving your money by not going to Jaimies as it isnt that much better!

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
england
“Utterly lovely, best gluten free pasta ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful experience and meal here. We were thoroughly impressed by the children's options and our 8 year old loved her meal. Thank you and congratulations for the best gluten free pasta I have ever had. Service was excellent. Well done. We're going back again tomorrow.

Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“A non event”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Went to this Restaurant with my Wife and a friend. Expected much but the result was very disappointing. The food was average but fairly expensive for what we got.
Not a place to go for a romantic evening, it was almost like eating in a warehouse,too big and noisy. Service was ok and waiter seemed to know about the food being served when asked on specific dishes.
Will try again in case we arrived during an "off period"

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

I will leave this review short and simple. This restaurant is a must if you are travelling throughout London. A river cruise ride up the Thames will stop at Greenwich where you will find Jamies Italian.
The food was amazing, fresh, delicious and faultless.
The beverage menu is so well chosen for the pasta dishes.
I had the Cannelloni and an apple cider.
Our waiter was lovely, attentive and well mannered.
Experience was fantastic and I cannot wait to return!!

• Visited January 2014