“Great story and good music”
Review of Once The Musical - CLOSED

Once The Musical
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great story and good music”
Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

Lucky to get such good seats in the stalls. We were then served drinks on the stage during the intermission. Thoroughly enjoyable, tears were shed.

san luis potosi
“good fun”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

not completely a musical. this is a romantic comedy play with plenty of music. It has its share of´overly accented British/Irish swear words which seem to always make the tourists laugh. I really enjoyed the entire show and the Phoenix theatre is an ideal venue. Certainly worth seeing if one has the chance. My wife and I both enjoyed the show.

England
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 236 helpful votes
“Some good music and songs but overall a disappointment”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Given the rave Broadway reviews and awards this musical has won we were expecting something really special. Some of the music and songs were good, in particular the acapella "Falling Slowly" which was really special, however when the performers were speaking it was often difficult to hear them (there were 4 of us and we all thought the same so not going deaf). This meant that the already weak story line became more difficult to understand. The location based in the pub was ok however when they used backdrops to portray other external locations it just didn't work for us. Most of the performers tried hard and there is some good musical talent amongst them however for us we feel we wasted an evening in London when we could have seen a better show.
I noted that Ronan Keating is due to take up the lead role sometime in the next couple of months so if you like him it may be worth a visit.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great music and performances”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

We had a chance to see one musical this time in London, wanted something different, and we got it.. She show does not limit itself to the actual show time, it goes beyond, before the show and on the half time, U can enter to the stage and feel Yourself being part of it.. Many great singers and dancers, You can see they love what they do.The storyline is a bit weak, but still enjoyable. A great way to spend a rainy day in London

Visited July 2014
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“What was that about????”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

As I've sen most of the top London shows I thought I would give this one a try but maybe I just didn't get it because by the time the interval came round I was desperate to get out. Wouldn't recommend it.