“Delicious food, friendly staff”
Review of Royal India

Royal India
Reserve with OpenTable
Royal India is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14,603 of 25,273 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2017

My first experience of this restaurant was good, but I found the service to be quite slow...however I have noticed a huge improvement on my recent visits. The staff are warm and friendly and try to make your experience as enjoyable as possible. I think some of the previous reviews are very harsh. I cannot comment on authenticity but the food is always delicious! And I have been to a lot of Indian restaurants! i think the Royal India should keep up the good work and hopefully they will get more positive reviews that reflect this.

Reviewed February 1, 2017

I've lived in Stoke Newington for over 10 years now but for various reasons, avoided going to this outfit. Mainly because it has always looked closed. Last Saturday however the place seemed full so I decided to try. I was with a friend, we enjoyed a couple of pints at a nearby pub and wanted some Indian food.

Our experience was beyond terrible. I generally do not write such harsh reviews, without first contacting the restaurant in advance but really, given their attitude during my visit, I think there is little point.

The service was dull, the decor was neither kitsch or cool, just drab. Our food took close to an hour to arrive... other diners at the very close table also waited a similar length of time. What arrived was not Indian food, I am North Indian and know a butter chicken dish when I see one. The naan bread was thick and dry... I think the only saving grace was the beer, it was cold.

If you want Indian food, proper Indian food, served by friendly and knowledgable cooks, try elsewhere. It is a great shame that the Stoke Newington area is in need of a good Indian restaurant. I'll be encouraging those who operate Dishoom to consider their next branch to be in my beloved N16.

Dishoom is proper Indian food, served well, at an afford price. The nearest branch is in Shoreditch!

2  Thank Vishal V
Reviewed October 30, 2016

I visit here about once a month and I am always baffled as to why this place is never busy, in my opinion this is one of the best indian restaurants in London (and i've been to many!). With the 2 for 1 main deal or taste card the bill always comes in ridiculously cheap, the only slight down side is the food always take a long time, but some would see this as a positive thing for being freshly prepared. Take aways never seem to be as good as the food when you eat in.
Favourite dish - King Prawn Jalfrazi. Stay away from the buffet.

Reviewed October 12, 2016

This restaurant offers a buffet service at the weekend when it is quite busy. Inexplicably not so busy in the week. Which is surprising as it is comfortable, the food is delciously fresh tasting and very well cooked. We had mostly vegetarian options and especially nice was the black lentil curry.

Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

Started with stale poppadoms. All food was bland. Rice was old and dry. Service was unfriendly. The worst restaurant I've been in for years. What is clear is that no one here gives a damn about anything. Truly vile.

2  Thank Martin D