“Fresh and well cooked.”
Review of Royal India

Royal India
Reserve with OpenTable
Royal India is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14,450 of 25,029 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2016

This restaurant offers a buffet service at the weekend when it is quite busy. Inexplicably not so busy in the week. Which is surprising as it is comfortable, the food is delciously fresh tasting and very well cooked. We had mostly vegetarian options and especially nice was the black lentil curry.

Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

Started with stale poppadoms. All food was bland. Rice was old and dry. Service was unfriendly. The worst restaurant I've been in for years. What is clear is that no one here gives a damn about anything. Truly vile.

2  Thank Martin D
Reviewed June 19, 2016

Why to these places lie? why are they not honest and tell you that they cannot deliver because they have other more important customers to serve? why do they tell you that they are on their way when they are not? why do they say “2 minutes” and then 10 minutes later say “the driver is on his way and will be 5 minutes”? Personally I can’t recommend them. Off to make sandwiches for my really hungry and upset family.

1  Thank Philip S
Reviewed May 7, 2016 via mobile

All dishes were tasty and I would definitely recommend the lamb dish, gosht khata masala. The saag bhaji was of the more "healthy" variety and complimented the lamb well.

My friend and I ate at the Royal India on a
Friday night after being unable to get a table at the nearby popular Rasa vegetarian restaurant.

Main dishes had a 50% discount (although I had misunderstood from the advert in the window that it was 50% off all food but this is likely because I didn't read it properly...). Our meal came to around £16.50 for a gosht khata masala, saag bhaji, 1 pilau rice, 2 poppadums and a large bottle of water, which was enough for 2 people without feeling too full.

I read that other people had to wait a while for their food. I'm not sure how long it took for ours to arrive as we were busy catching up. I thought the customer service was fine, not super, super amazing but definitely not bad either. The restaurant wasn't busy at all but that gave me and my friend a good chance to catch up in a chilled environment without having to shout at each other or being hurried to leave. I would recommend to the restaurant that they play some quiet music in the background though.

Reviewed April 7, 2016 via mobile

I had my 7 year old son's birthday party at royal india recently, and the service was very warm and friendly, and the food I must say absulutely amazing. I do recommend this restaurant, every one should try.