“Delicious Japanese Food”

Yaki
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian, Fast Food
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Description: yaki offers Okonomiyaki, Takoyaki, Taiyaki and more which are new to local people but all the generations has loved hundreds of years back in Japan. yaki, as Japanese casual style cafe / restaurant, brings something unique and different from other Japanese restaurants as yaki transforms our tradition into contemporary style designed to communicate local customers. Although new to London we create friendly environment for people to try something new and discover another world of Japanese cuisine.
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious Japanese Food”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Dishes are reasonably priced and tasty. They have rice burgers, popular Japanese bowl meals and much more.

Visited October 2013
yaki1224, Owner at Yaki, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you very much for visiting yaki. Hope you enjoyed and found something new.
We will continue to offer authentic Japanese with our twist

London, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem!!!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I found out this place because of the amazon local deal and just give it a try. and i was not regret for buying the deal. the service was great. the food are freshly prepared. i ordered the black sesame banana soya latte, and i saw the preparation is full with passion! and, of course for the tai-yaki is delicious as well. there's one thing that i have to mention is, i ordered a chicken teriyaki wasabi rice bowl dish, but the wasabi turns out to be some 'cream sauce' only, it was totally different from the wasabi that i had before.
anyway, Yaki is one of the best restaurant that i ever visited. Highly recommend it.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank sunl29
yaki1224, Owner at Yaki, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
We're glad to hear that you enjoyed our food as well as found us though Amazon local. yaki is still new just for 1 year in Goodge st. where we offer freshly made Japanese which is not Sushi but something new to London but very traditional in Japan. We try to respond to customer preferences and offer what we love to share.

Again thank you for coming to yaki. Hope to see you soon
Bishops Stortford
“I almost DON'T want to let anyone in on the secret of this place...”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I received an e-mail from Wowcher for a deal (2 people eat for £11) for this place and decided to take a gamble, which surely paid off.

The helpful and friendly guy who took our order at the counter noticed the Wowcher voucher and took us through the plentiful choices from the menu.

My partner ordered: Gyudon Beef Donburi (finely sliced beef, with rice, soy sauce, soya beans and served in a bowl), a green tea custard and white chocolate filled Tai-yaki (fish shaped hot waffle) and an iced green tea latte.

I decided on: Sweet Chilli Chicken Donburi (made with fried chicken balls), an azuki bean Tai-yaki and a hot green tea soya latte.

Both rice bowl dishes were delicious and very filling.

The azuki bean Tai-yaki was as delicious as I had expected (I usually buy a red bean bun from the Golden Gate Cake Shop in China Town when in London), but the green tea custard one that my partner had was divine.

The iced latte was fine enough, but I can not recommend the green tea soya latte highly enough. It was possibly the finest drink I have ever consumed (and I usually rave about the cocoa cappuccino from Hotel Chocolat in High St Ken).

The meal deals on offer seem very good value, but if you want nothing more than a hot drink and a snack, I implore you to consider a green tea custard Tai-yaki and a green tea soya latte.

Yaki will definitely be receiving repeat custom from us & we can't wait to go back again.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Addickted12157
Brill
“Great lunch spot”
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten in Yaki regularly since it opened, my office is round the corner.
Food is excellent and fresh, my fav is the beef rice burger, aloe drink is delicious, service is super friendly. Does take me over my lunch budget a little but worth it!

• Visited August 2013
Chamonix, France
“Yaki - more to healthy, tasty, Japanese food than sushi!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

who would have known...

I am an athlete, and a foodie living in France...a discerning combination when it comes to choosing a bite to eat at short notice.

Had to be in Soho to meet up with a friend from Australia, and another from Dubai both know their food so was a little nervous to try something new on them.

However, this restaurant had come highly recommended by a friend - we all chose something different from the menu to check it out. Everyone was pleasantly surprised, and noted that this was the first time that we had discovered Japanese other than sushi...and it was fabulous.

I had the beef rice cake - protein, carbs and minimal fat - tasted so good! Tasted the aloe juice - first time - I am hoping to find it again since returning to France, however no luck.

We were offered a dessert, Japanese pastry...the flavours were temptingly unusual and enjoyable finish to a lovely lunch.

We sat outside and enjoyed the city buzz. Noting a lot of people were asking us what was it like, I guess when something is new it takes courage to try it...however I recommend opening your mind and getting a taste of Yaki!

If I lived in Soho I would be visiting this place on a regular basis.

• Visited May 2013