Tripadvisor
London

“Love walk from Kings college”
Review of Love walk cafe

Love walk cafe
Order Online
Ranked #2,610 of 27,735 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We discussed the future of TG for IBD in the uk. Discussing things in Kings College is not the way to go. Terrible cafes, ratings etc . So they advised us to discuss things here. Americano , Thea and carrot cake was good, nice place. We come back next time for the lunch. After the , our, small meeting there we took the bus to Victoria , and the tube to Heathrow.
Nice place there ,easy going and good service.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank Christinus
Write a reviewReviews (198)

Reviewed December 30, 2019

Good atmosphere immediately evident and attentive friendly staff.

Service a little slow but very nice pancakes when they arrived - portion sizes were extremely generous except the fruit that came with the pancakes could have been counted on one hand. Coffee was good and I would definitely return.

Date of visit: December 2019
2  Thank Tootsie015
Reviewed November 23, 2019 via mobile

We came here for a nice hearty brunch/breakfast. My boyfriend and I both were coming from Rome, and can say that they serve a mean cappuccino, it was amazing.

I got the full English breakfast and the beans and toast were lovely! The entire meal was very worth the money and incredible! My partner got Eggs Benedict and it was definitely on the heavier side, if that’s what you like, that’s the one to go with.

Date of visit: November 2019
1  Thank R7572RA_
Reviewed October 29, 2019 via mobile

Love Walk is my favourite cafe for the last 4 years. It breaks my heart not seeing the same staff anymore. They were pleasant, kind efficient and you would return back to the shop within 2 das... I’m willing to give another try to new members as I work in hospitality and I know it takes a while till people are trained.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 28, 2019

Absolutely dreadful.

The staff seem to have no organisation or management. We were served by multiple members of staff who all seemed to completely clueless on how to run a cafe. We ordered 3 drinks which came one by one to our table, the first 2 with a ten minute gap between and our final drink and only coffee coming 40 minutes after we had ordered it.

the full 'english' costing £8.50 was missing bacon (i had to go up to the counter and ask for it, i had almost finished the rest of my food when it finally came), they also ration the portion to one mushroom, yes one mushroom on a full english and half a tomato, i clarified this was ok to the wait staff and they told us that 'this is normal'.

We gave our food a generous 3/10.

We sat outside and our neighbouring tables had the same problems, incorrect food, long waits etc. A table next to us left, commenting they had been ignored and had been waiting a long time to order.

To top it off after our terrible experience was the incredibly rude man who took our payment. Yes we were a table of 3 who wanted to split the bill, but we tried to be as swift as possible to get out of their hair and frankly leave our awful breakfast... our final friend was paying, the staff member asked her a question while the smoothie blenders were buzzing away, she couldn't hear and asked 'sorry?' ... to which he shouted (exactly the blender stopped) ... "WHAT DID YOU HAVE?!?" in the most rude, loud, sarcastic tone ever and looking at her as if she was incapable. We were shocked.

We left vowing never to return and regretting spending our money.

Date of visit: October 2019