“Great hotel”

Ranked #32 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Malmo, Sweden
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Excellent location. Very nice and space Rooms. Very clean.. Friendly staff. Good value for money. Only drawback was hard pillows and bumpy bed but I can live with that because the rest is so good! Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear Yvonne M, I can’t ask for better than to be described as a ‘great hotel’ so thank you! We have a pillow menu so guests can order a pillow that suits their needs, as each of us has a personal preference for soft/hard/type of fill etc. I’m sorry if this wasn’t made clear to you but please make use of this when you next stay. Your bed should have been extra soft and comfortable as it has a thick topper. We will check if it needs changing, even if only 6 months old. We look forward to your return when we trust you will have a very comfortable night’s sleep!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed there in December and really liked the hotel decor and everything. we lived in a higher floor and had a fantastic view.
The only problem was the TV not working but the room service staff sorted out immediately and very good service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Hi Richard S, I’m flattered you described your stay as a 'superb experience', and very pleased you liked the décor, as my wife, Clarissa Nadler, was the interior designer! I am also pleased we sorted the TV issue out right away, though apologise it occurred in the first place. In central London, rooms with views are a rarity, so we are fortunate that a number of ours do have great Soho views. We also have four rooms with their own small outside courtyard spaces, another real rarity in London. Please ask for one of these when you next book, if that sounds appealing. We look forward to your return.
Shropshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed here in early December and was very impressed with the room. The bed was really comfortable and the whole place felt brand new. Great TV and easy free internet which always works for me. Due to extensive road works in the area I took ages to find the place and even then came through the wrong door into the serviced apartments. I am sure the fault was all mine having not researched my directions properly. The hotel had a feel of not being full service as I didn't see a bar or restaurant as I entered or left but that didn't bother me at all as I had dinner with colleagues that night and I slept like the proverbial top afterwards. I am sure there are cheaper places to stay but you would be hard pressed to find a hotel more central.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear David O, thank you for your review, and your compliments about our beds and the great sleep you had - that is, after all, the most essential part of a hotel stay! We indeed do not have a bar or restaurant, as our concept is based around the ethos of social sustainability, working with our neighbourhood to offer guests greater choice and transparent value, whilst driving business into the local community. Please take a look at our website where It is explained in greater detail. I look forward to your return, and hopefully to a 5* review next time!
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stay at this hotel regularly and I can honestly say it is always the most pleasant of hotel experiences. The staff are great and very helpful and they make you feel very special. Nothing is too much trouble. If there are any problems (which are few) it gets sorted immediately. The bedrooms are gorgeous and contemporary. The location is great, with Soho on your doorstep you have a raft of great restaurants to choose from and the main London attractions are within easy walking distance or the tube station is just around the corner. Highly recommend it, I love it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, nothing to pick between them. Very comfortable beds with crisp white bed li...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thanks Mary T, as a regular guest, your review really means a lot to all of us. The whole team is grateful to you for your continued support and kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back for many more stays and we love having you with us! We are planning to implement a ‘thank you’ program for regular guests like you so keep an eye out for that! See you again soon!
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

The hotel is new - all furniture, bathroom equipment and linens look and work well. Internet, TV and everything that must work - works perfectly. Service is good - reception was very friendly and helps a lot in booking of NY party and famous restaurants. The room was quiet and bed very comfortable.
King/Twin room was not so big, but generally OK and this is ordinary for big cities.
If you OK with Soho district - this hotel is definitely recommended for staying.

Room Tip: Try to take bigger rooms than small or standard double.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Hello Skov1975, it sounds like we ticked all the boxes so thank you for your 5* review! Please look at our website or call us when you next book and you might want to choose a larger room such as a superior or deluxe if you’re staying for longer. With our wide choice of room types, we aim to offer something for everyone. I’m very pleased to receive your recommendation and hope we can welcome you back soon.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We recently stayed for 3 nights at the nadler. Booked direct using discount code I seen on their Facebook page. The location is perfect, I looked at loads of different areas in London and this is the best area if you want to be close to restaurants and bars. We only used the underground (400m away) once to go to Harrods then we spent the rest of the time in soho. We walked to Chinatown, Leicester square. The room was modern and compact. We paid £460 for 3 nights for small double room. Stay here!

Room Tip: Small double is fine for a few nights, compact but you don't stay much in the rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Hi 893Julie1229, I agree that our Small Doubles are the perfect balance of economy and comfort for a short visit as a couple (and for longer as a single traveller – it’s my room of choice when I’m on my own!). With so much to do and see in Soho, most guests are out and about all day and night, but you still have all the conveniences and amenities of our larger rooms when you’re back, such as free Wi-Fi and phone calls, mini-kitchen with Brita water filter, free Newspaper Direct app. etc.. Thanks for the 5* review and the recommendation!
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have just returned from a 13 night stay at The Nadler Soho and enjoyed Christmas and New Year in London. This boutique hotel is located in the heart of Soho a very short walk from Oxford St. It is between Tottenham Court Road tube station and Oxford Circus tube station. Around the corner in Dean St is a Tecso Express which was handy for grabbing snacks. The location is perfect if you like the theatre (as I do) as many of the West End theatres are well within walking distance. Chinatown is a short stroll away as is the nightlife on Old Compton Street. All around the hotel are fabulous cafes and restaurants from cheap and cheerful all the way to fine dining and everything in between. I loved Princi, Foxcroft and Ginger and Honest Burger to name but a few of the places I ate at. I honestly don't think you could find a better location in London to stay.

The hotel as others have stated is relatively new. The room itself as in most London hotels (why is that?) was quite small. I was in a standard double room with a queen size bed. I was on my own and out most of the time so the room size didn't bother me. I'd imagine if you were a couple staying longer than a few days in a room that size it might test your relationship. I know the hotel has bigger rooms so would suggest a couple should consider a bigger room. The bathroom was a decent size with a good sized shower. The decor in the room didn't have that clinical sameness of hotels chains it felt personal like you were staying with a friend. I particularly liked the kitchenette as you don't always want to go out and eat so it was great to be able to have the option of eating in your room. I had no issues with noise I was in a room located on street level I never heard any noise from staff or other guests.

My one and only issue was housekeeping had an annoying habit of entering your room without knocking and identifying themselves this happened on 3 occasions in the afternoon when I had popped back in. Why they were entering when my room had already been serviced remains a mystery. I normally don't put the Do Not Disturb sign out when am in my room so perhaps to be fair I should have.

I didn't have much interaction with the staff but when I did I found them to be polite friendly and courteous.

If you are a fan of boutique hotels this is the place to stay in London.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear travellindonnie62, Staying with us for 13 days certainly puts us to the test, and I am delighted to read your brilliant review! Soho really is the most fantastic location and I am pleased you share our enthusiasm for the neighbourhood and its huge choice of restaurants (and everything else). In such a location, space is expensive. We therefore have a wider range of room sizes than most hotels to cater for all budgets, with smaller, cost effective choices like our Soho Singles (for 2) and Small Doubles, to our Deluxe rooms and Carlisle Suite, which can accommodate 4 (2 adults and 2 children). Whilst I am really pleased that you found your room quite, I will check why housekeeping entered your room without knocking as this should not occur and I apologise for the disturbance. I also hope that when you next stay with us, you’ll have a greater opportunity to interact with our front desk team, who are usually only too keen to help guests with suggestions and ideas on what to do in Soho and make any arrangements or bookings – that what our Local Ambassadors are there for. Thank you for your wonderful recommendation and, like a good friend, we look forward to your return.