“A great place to stay!”
Review of The Nadler Soho

The Nadler Soho
Ranked #41 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This Hotel just newly opened in May 2013 is in a great location in the London Soho area. You can easily walk to Oxford and Regent Streets. for some great shopping and accessing Leicester Square and the theatre district is very convenient as well. Although the room is small by North American standards, it was very well planned out. The staff were especially helpful and pleasant to deal with. Although there is no dining facility within the Hotel there are numerous excellent restaurants in the immediate area. We certainly plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a very quiet room try downstairs below the main area
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Hello Arabella_11, thanks for your great review. Our 'no bar/restaurant' concept is really ideal for an area like Soho that has some of the best restaurants, bars and cafes in London, and I'm pleased our front desk team were on hand to guide you, as we intend. I'm glad you enjoyed the quietness of your lower ground floor room. Those with their own small terraces are especially popular Please come back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,390)

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Fantastic value and location just by Soho square. You really walk to anywhere in Bloomsbury, West End, the city Hyde Park, Regent, Oxford, Bond Street shopping etc from here. Right by all the theatres and very good restaurants Barrafina and Nopi. Berwick street fruit barrows are the best value breakfast around. Hotel is clean, comfortable, inexpensive for what you get. Rooms not vast, but perfectly adequate for 2

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor, not a great view of an adjacent office, but that's not the point. Our...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Neil H, I am delighted you loved the location, and for many of the same reasons that I do. I'm also really pleased to read you found us good value, as this is a key part of what we seek to offer. Please take a look round our website for all our room types as we have a variety of sizes, larger and smaller. Thanks for the review!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed here for two nights.

It's a great location for Oxford Street and very central to get around London.

We requested to move rooms when we arrived as we realised we would be a bit too near to the night life. It wasn't a problem to move and we glad we did as it was the weekend.

Nice clean hotel. We usually stay at the Kensington sister hotel which is cheaper but the location is not as good.

A couple of small niggles. We had to ask for more toiletries, they were a little skimpy. Then when we checked out, it appears the guy who checked us in should have took the payment when we arrived. He forgot and when we checked out the receptionist kept saying he should have taken it. We kept saying it doesn't matter we are paying now but she made it seem like it was our fault! Then she couldn't get the credit card machine to work. We left our luggage to collect later in the day and she couldn't find it as it had not been labelled with our details. We had to go and find our luggage.

Also, the bed was rather hard. Perhaps because they are new!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa S

Hello Lisa S, its always a pleasure to receive a review from guests who have stayed at our other hotels. There seems to have been a brief period when these were generally not replaced as required but we have reviewed procedures and I apologise for this. I also apologise for what seems an inexplicable and uncharacteristic response from our front desk team, who are generally very professional. I have no doubt that when I hope you return, you will be looked after in the manner that is expected. Our beds generally receive compliments on their level of comfort, but we do have thick toppers we can add, so please request one for extra softness when you stay with us again.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Good hotel. We had a proplem with our safe and it was not fixed until we left 7 days later. Our bathroom amenities (soap and shampoo) were not replaced. We had to request them at front desk.
Besides what I mentioned before, the hotel is very good, with helpfull members, excelent location and althoug small, very good rooms with small kitchen.

Room Tip: Some rooms are street level, many people walking right next to your window all night.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Rodamico, thank you for your review. Apologies that you had to ask for toiletries to be replaced. This shouldn't occur and we will keep a close watch that it doesn't. As regards the safe, I have been informed that it was repaired on the first day, but was quite stiff so may have felt like it didn't work. I am pleased you found the mini kitchen useful. Take a look at our website and perhaps when you return, you may like to try a larger room type?

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Reasons for selecting Nadler Soho :

(1) Tendering devoted personal attitude in hotelier and hospitality services - 3 handsome male fellows, the scientist-outlook guy, Hendrik, and a muscular guy at the receptionist counter.They can take care of your needs. This is our first priority from the hospitality premises.

(2) Highly convenient location for transport and shopping - very near the China Town (Leicester Square Station), Piccadilly, Oxford Street, Regent Street, Charing Cross,Covent Garden, Tottenham Court Road.

(3) "Dean Street" bar and dining zone - other than the China-style cuisines in the China Town, additional choices of different well-served cuisines are available. Try the one of "Bella Italian" and a Japanese Ramen shop nearby.

(4) Good bedding and internal decoration - very soft bedding mattress and pillows with the wall-hanging television in the front enabling a relaxing sleep and enjoyment before sleeping.

(5) Good shower facility - hot and pressurized shower head enabling tiredness to be removed every night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Hello Wong Y, very pleased to receive such positive feedback on staff, location our surrounding restaurants, room decor and bathrooms! You have just about covered everything! Thanks for the great review!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was so happy to have found this simple boutique hotel in London Soho. It was my birthday and as soon as we arrived. That's me and my wife the very nice receptionist welcomed us and upgraded my room......... thank you very much a good start to my birthday celebrations. The room was just perfect ......... clean modern everything you would need was there. We had brought our own pink Champagne and I called reception to see if they had four champagne glasses to be delivered to the room. Well it took some time but only to find out that they had sent someone out to buy them !!!!! Wow......... Well after this what can I say other than I strongly recommend the hotel for its price location exelent service etc etc etc ....... Thank You Very Much To The Adler Hotel Team For Making My Birthday Stay In London A Great One.
Regards
Oussama Sanchez

• Stayed: October 2013
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Hi sanchezoussama, we're very happy you enjoyed your birthday with us and thank you for your kind words and great review. We would usually have champagne glasses available without having to send out for them, but we seemed to have a lot of celebrations in-house that evening! I am sorry you had to wait and thanks for your patience. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Travelling every week and probably every second week to London, I normally stay at the same hotel near Covent Garden. However, when I wanted to reserve a room for one night at the regular hotel, the price was GBP 500 for one night, which is way too expensive for a regular room at any hotel in London.
I looked for an alternative and found the Nadler in Soho for GBP 300 for that night - not cheap but still affordable - I presume if one book earlier, price will way even cheaper.
Arriving to the hotel fairly late, I met two very friendly guys at the reception. 5 minutes later I had my key and was on my way up to my room.
I was upgraded to the Suite, which was great experience - especially as the theme, colour, décor etc. was exceptional and very modern - just what I like.
Although, I am confident that not everyone will be upgraded, I still believe this hotel is worthwhile exploring. Also the location right in the heart of Soho is just great.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Lxbourg, thanks for your 5* review and I'm very pleased you enjoyed the upgrade and delighted to read your comments on the Carlisle Suite and its decor. I hope you will return and try another of our varied room types as described on our website, and look forward to hearing your feedback.