“Nadler - perfect location, and quiet”
Review of The Nadler Soho

The Nadler Soho
Ranked #34 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
“Nadler - perfect location, and quiet”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Fantastic value and location just by Soho square. You really walk to anywhere in Bloomsbury, West End, the city Hyde Park, Regent, Oxford, Bond Street shopping etc from here. Right by all the theatres and very good restaurants Barrafina and Nopi. Berwick street fruit barrows are the best value breakfast around. Hotel is clean, comfortable, inexpensive for what you get. Rooms not vast, but perfectly adequate for 2

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor, not a great view of an adjacent office, but that's not the point. Our...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Neil H, I am delighted you loved the location, and for many of the same reasons that I do. I'm also really pleased to read you found us good value, as this is a key part of what we seek to offer. Please take a look round our website for all our room types as we have a variety of sizes, larger and smaller. Thanks for the review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed here for two nights.

It's a great location for Oxford Street and very central to get around London.

We requested to move rooms when we arrived as we realised we would be a bit too near to the night life. It wasn't a problem to move and we glad we did as it was the weekend.

Nice clean hotel. We usually stay at the Kensington sister hotel which is cheaper but the location is not as good.

A couple of small niggles. We had to ask for more toiletries, they were a little skimpy. Then when we checked out, it appears the guy who checked us in should have took the payment when we arrived. He forgot and when we checked out the receptionist kept saying he should have taken it. We kept saying it doesn't matter we are paying now but she made it seem like it was our fault! Then she couldn't get the credit card machine to work. We left our luggage to collect later in the day and she couldn't find it as it had not been labelled with our details. We had to go and find our luggage.

Also, the bed was rather hard. Perhaps because they are new!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa S
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Hello Lisa S, its always a pleasure to receive a review from guests who have stayed at our other hotels. There seems to have been a brief period when these were generally not replaced as required but we have reviewed procedures and I apologise for this. I also apologise for what seems an inexplicable and uncharacteristic response from our front desk team, who are generally very professional. I have no doubt that when I hope you return, you will be looked after in the manner that is expected. Our beds generally receive compliments on their level of comfort, but we do have thick toppers we can add, so please request one for extra softness when you stay with us again.
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Good hotel. We had a proplem with our safe and it was not fixed until we left 7 days later. Our bathroom amenities (soap and shampoo) were not replaced. We had to request them at front desk.
Besides what I mentioned before, the hotel is very good, with helpfull members, excelent location and althoug small, very good rooms with small kitchen.

Room Tip: Some rooms are street level, many people walking right next to your window all night.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Hi Rodamico, thank you for your review. Apologies that you had to ask for toiletries to be replaced. This shouldn't occur and we will keep a close watch that it doesn't. As regards the safe, I have been informed that it was repaired on the first day, but was quite stiff so may have felt like it didn't work. I am pleased you found the mini kitchen useful. Take a look at our website and perhaps when you return, you may like to try a larger room type?
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Reasons for selecting Nadler Soho :

(1) Tendering devoted personal attitude in hotelier and hospitality services - 3 handsome male fellows, the scientist-outlook guy, Hendrik, and a muscular guy at the receptionist counter.They can take care of your needs. This is our first priority from the hospitality premises.

(2) Highly convenient location for transport and shopping - very near the China Town (Leicester Square Station), Piccadilly, Oxford Street, Regent Street, Charing Cross,Covent Garden, Tottenham Court Road.

(3) "Dean Street" bar and dining zone - other than the China-style cuisines in the China Town, additional choices of different well-served cuisines are available. Try the one of "Bella Italian" and a Japanese Ramen shop nearby.

(4) Good bedding and internal decoration - very soft bedding mattress and pillows with the wall-hanging television in the front enabling a relaxing sleep and enjoyment before sleeping.

(5) Good shower facility - hot and pressurized shower head enabling tiredness to be removed every night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hello Wong Y, very pleased to receive such positive feedback on staff, location our surrounding restaurants, room decor and bathrooms! You have just about covered everything! Thanks for the great review!
Angmering, England
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was so happy to have found this simple boutique hotel in London Soho. It was my birthday and as soon as we arrived. That's me and my wife the very nice receptionist welcomed us and upgraded my room......... thank you very much a good start to my birthday celebrations. The room was just perfect ......... clean modern everything you would need was there. We had brought our own pink Champagne and I called reception to see if they had four champagne glasses to be delivered to the room. Well it took some time but only to find out that they had sent someone out to buy them !!!!! Wow......... Well after this what can I say other than I strongly recommend the hotel for its price location exelent service etc etc etc ....... Thank You Very Much To The Adler Hotel Team For Making My Birthday Stay In London A Great One.
Regards
Oussama Sanchez

• Stayed October 2013
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Hi sanchezoussama, we're very happy you enjoyed your birthday with us and thank you for your kind words and great review. We would usually have champagne glasses available without having to send out for them, but we seemed to have a lot of celebrations in-house that evening! I am sorry you had to wait and thanks for your patience. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
St. Anton
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Travelling every week and probably every second week to London, I normally stay at the same hotel near Covent Garden. However, when I wanted to reserve a room for one night at the regular hotel, the price was GBP 500 for one night, which is way too expensive for a regular room at any hotel in London.
I looked for an alternative and found the Nadler in Soho for GBP 300 for that night - not cheap but still affordable - I presume if one book earlier, price will way even cheaper.
Arriving to the hotel fairly late, I met two very friendly guys at the reception. 5 minutes later I had my key and was on my way up to my room.
I was upgraded to the Suite, which was great experience - especially as the theme, colour, décor etc. was exceptional and very modern - just what I like.
Although, I am confident that not everyone will be upgraded, I still believe this hotel is worthwhile exploring. Also the location right in the heart of Soho is just great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Lxbourg, thanks for your 5* review and I'm very pleased you enjoyed the upgrade and delighted to read your comments on the Carlisle Suite and its decor. I hope you will return and try another of our varied room types as described on our website, and look forward to hearing your feedback.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Had a pretty nice stay here over the summer. I think it had just opened a couple of weeks prior. The room was really well appointed and the staff couldn't have been more friendly. And location can't be beat. You're a quick walk to Oxford Street if you want to do a bit of shopping and really close to all of the restaurants, shopping, and clubs of Soho.

My only complaints are that I got a room in the basement level that was right next to the housekeeping area, so it was a bit noisy with them going back and forth all the time, letting the door shut behind them each time. Ask for a room on an upper floor to avoid this. Also, I asked for a cab to take me to the train station when I checked out and instead of calling a taxi, they took me to an unmarked car (not a town car) without a meter. After we get going, he tells its cash only and then tries to give me a price that's double what I paid for my credit-card accepting taxi trip coming in from the station a few days before. And he didn't even take me all the way to drop off area inside the station. I had to get out half a block away! Just a heads up to the management, you should stick with official taxis rather than shady car services...or at least be up front about what to expect and provide options.

Room Tip: Avoid the basement rooms. It's noisy with housekeeping down there.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lee D
Robert N, Owner at The Nadler Soho, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Hello Lee D, thanks for your positive review. Apologies for the noisy doors. I hope we have got to the bottom of this, as it isn't housekeepers letting them slam, but electronic locks that 'clank'! We have discovered they weren't properly fitted, so I hope this will be resolved very quickly. With taxis, sometimes black cabs take a while to arrive when called and if a car from the private hire companies we work with is available immediately, we recommend this, as a fixed price is (usually) agreed, so traffic delays don't increase the cost. In your case, this didn't work as it should and I apologise and will investigate. I hope that you will give us another try!