“Fantastic night out”

Faulty Towers The Dining Experience
Ranked #15 of 373 Concerts & Shows in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Touring over 20 countries a year and with a permanent London West End residency too, this critically acclaimed show has been winning five-star reviews and standing ovations since 1997. It's 'a two-hour eat, drink and laugh sensation!' (Daily Telegraph). The fun starts as the audience wait to be seated and then hurtles along as they become diners in that infamous hotel. Meanwhile, Basil, Sybil and Manuel aspire to be their warring waiters, serving a 3-course meal with a good dollop of mayhem. This is fully immersive, highly improvised, site-specific comedy theatre at its best - and because only a third of show is scripted, performances are always fresh. Expect all the best gags and 'a rip-roaringly hilarious night out' (This Is London). Just don't mention the war! - 'Outstanding! (Fringe Review) - 'Uniquely enjoyable... A worthy alternative to some of the West End's other shows... It will have you raving' (Britain Magazine) - 'Deliciously entertaining from start to finish, this is not to be missed.' (What's on London) - 'Fantastic!' (What's on Stage)
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We went to see this in Watford yesterday and had a blast. Every funny moment you remember from the TV series plus some extra bits. The three actors were great and had the voices and mannerisms just right. We laughed so much that it hurt. The food was good too (I had expected it to be rather dire, just as I imagine the food in the "real" Fawlty Towers would have been).

Write a ReviewReviews (2,315)
All reviews
in 216 reviews
"improvisation"
in 33 reviews

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Went last month with 5 friends to the Faulty Towers Dining Experience. It was brilliant! We all loved it and were laughing from start to finish. Basil, Sybille and Manuel were excellent. The mannerisms and accents were spot on and they were great at including the classic scenes that we all know and love as well as improvising with the diners and the various situations that arose. By the end of the evening I felt like I was in the real Faulty Towers. Cannot recommend this enough. Definitely worth it.

2  Thank Heather B
Reviewed September 13, 2013

What a fantastic night out! I went with a group of 10 for my birthday, and didn't know what to expect. We were all a bit nervous to start with, hoping we wouldn't get picked on much, but actually, by getting picked on it was more fun! The actors were hilarious, and the local references were spot on. Food was fine, and I even enjoyed Sybil singing "Happy Birthday" rather loudly in my ear!
I'd recommend this to anyone if this show comes to your town. Well worth the price for a jaw-achingly brilliant night out.

3  Thank Laura I
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We went to see the Faulty Towers Dining Experience at the Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham, last night. It was fantastic from start to finish. All based on the old comedy sketches, it was absolutely hilarious. On top of that, the food that was served was of a very high standard, apart from the lady who found false teeth in her soup!!!!! Brilliant evening.

1  Thank David W
See more reviews
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I went to see this at Charing Cross Hotel. I was not sure what to expect but the fun started straight away in the drinks reception area and we did not stop laughing until it finished! The cast were absolutely fantastic, especially Manuel. If you want to go to see this you need to be up for joining in with the fun and not expect to just sit and watch a show. You also need to be mindful of the fact that the food is a prop so do not expect a la carte dining. It is acceptable though. There was the option to purchase drinks at additional cost. The wine started at £23 per bottle for house wine which did feel a bit expensive given the event. Overall this was a hilarious fun night out, different to anything we have been to before and we would both highly recommend it.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Allison E