“good food polite staff unique setting”

The Mayor of Scaredy Cat town
Ranked #2,606 of 23,009 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Spitalfields
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“good food polite staff unique setting”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

you have to book in advance but that is fine, small unique bar/cafe which involves stepping through a door that looks like a fridge door, feels exclusive-great for somewhere a bit different with wonderful food and cocktails. We went for brunch.

the food was well priced, decent portions and cooked to perfection, they accidentally double booked us but redeemed themselves and got it under control quickly.

I would recommend

• Visited September 2013

St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Loved it!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I'd always wanted to visit here, finally my boyfriend took me and we had to go through the fridge to the secret bar
Great drinks and staff
Loved the experience, will definitely go again

• Visited July 2013
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Its about the idea, names, and the quirkiness, not food”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Loved the fridge entrance bit. Got to try it. Better if you don't let your friends or co-diners know about it. Surprise them by the entrance.

A bit difficult to find, which is not very clear on the website as well. However, I managed to find it. Great names for the food options on the menu. OK food, nice decor... I like the part where upstairs and secret downstairs are completely different.

I would recommend. quite nice.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank R B
London, United Kingdom
“Great idea, nice little bar”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Went here after work after reading about the "fridge" entrance. After difficulty finding it (enter in the breakfast club) we went down the fridge entrance which was great down to a small bar underneath.

Expect your speakeasy type bar , with so so food, but great cocktails!

But the location and finding the place is difficult , I'm all for mystery but maybe a heads up would help

Visited August 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Brilliant fun - great food, great cocktails, great staff”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Went for some early afternoon cocktails and brunch as part of my girlfriends birthday surprise! Was a bit sceptical beforehand as I knew this particular 'speakeasy' had become significanlty less secretive over the past months but it certainly still remains fun!

We walked past the HUGE queues for the Breakfast Club where we informed the waitress that we were here to see the Mayor and that he was expecting us. She walked us down to the brilliant little bar below where it was a pleasant escape from the chaos above. The staff were really friendly, talked to us for a little while about the bar and the cocktails they would recommend. After mixing the drinks in front of us we were walked to our little table and we placed our orders for brunch. I went with the All American Pancakes (which were perfect and HUGE) and my girlfriend went with a meal which I can't recall the name of....but involved eggs, tortillas, a LOT of chorizo and refriend beans! Both were lovely and we washed them down with another couple of cocktails.

All in all, we couldn't have asked for more from the day. Staff, food, cocktails, experience were all brilliant. Not the cheapest thing in the world, but definitely good value! Would go again although I imagine the first time is always the best...!!

Thanks to the Mayor x