“It's a happy place!!!”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Such friendly service at Rum Kitchen, they treat you like your all buddies! Went in today for lunch, great (simple enough) menu, food was delicious. Cocktails are wicked, be careful! Really great vibe, fits into Notting Hill perfectly. Yes at night it can be difficult to get into - but thats only cus its so good!! (great job on the social media too - cheers me up)

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I can't believe how poorly this page reflects the quality of the Rum Kitchen. I visited last night after hearing great things. As a group of 6 of us we pretty much tried everything. The jerk chicken and the BBQ ribs were delicious. We enjoyed the cocktails extensively. My only comment would be that the drinks service was slightly slow, but generally the service was very good. All of the waitresses went out of their way and were very friendly. We had a fantastic evening and the Rum Kitchen was one of the best restaurants I've been to.

1  Thank ThomasMH8
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I came here for some drinks with friends last month as Rum is very much my drink of choice, so I couldn't resist when I heard about the selection they have.
It didn't disappoint. They do indeed have an incredibley extensive collection of fantastic rums from all over the world, and some very knowledgable and helpful bar staff to boot.

We were served throughout the night by various Hawaiian shirted experts who guided us through some incredible sipping rums, and equally yummy cocktails both on and off menu. The staff weren't snobby or elitist, but genuinely enjoyed talking to us about their wares, and a bit of life and love too!
It's a busy and music filled atmosphere, and we took our drinks downstairs to the "rum cellar" for a bit of dancing. Even though it was pretty full for a Thursday, the wait wasn't too long, and we even enjoyed a shot with one of the bar tenders when we did have a bit of a wait.
We didn't come to eat, so I can't really comment on the food, but it looked and smelled delicious, so we'll have to come back soon (that's my excuse anyway!)
If you want somewhere relaxed with fantastic quality, and a lively atmosphere I would highly recommend the trip down All Saints Rd. The Strangefruits was my favourite cocktail - rum fuled, fruity, laced with maple syrup, yum! Try it.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is my first ever review but so upset at how we were dealt with at this restaurant. We were the first people there and made no complaint as the restaurant filled around us with other diners eating their food whilst we patiently waited. So we were so shocked at 7.50pm to be told we couldn't have dessert or coffee as the table was needed again at 8pm. They could have easily given us a coffee/pudding with the bill but they couldn't be bothered -- the waitress actually pointed to a large table and said 'they were cooking their mains now' -- ie too busy. It ruined a rare night out for us and was handled so badly. This restaurant is a victim of its own success. Don't go until it learns how to care for its customers!!

2  Thank Loujc
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great food, delicious cocktails, fun atmosphere and perfect service! Staff were friendly and helpful and our glasses were never empty. The rum based cocktails are tasty and strong. The food was great, we had chicken wings and ribs to start followed by jerk chicken on the bone and a sea bass. it was a very busy Saturday night but we still felt looked after and had a really fun evening. I would highly recommend this place for anyone wanting cocktails, easy food and a fun atmosphere.