“Cocktails for Hen Do”
Review of Jewel Covent Garden - CLOSED

Jewel Covent Garden
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Visited this bar as the last stop for my sisters hen do, we arrived in Happy Hour meaning the cocktails were very good value for money at about £4.50 each and bottles of wine at half price. I had reserved a table for our group as there were 20+ people attending. When I arrived, luckily before all the hens, I was taken to then table which was close to another large hen party. As I did not think this space would be suitable I asked to move to a different table which was organised straight away. Even though I reserved a space for 24 people the original table I was given would probably have only seated about 10. I was told it was written in the terms and conditions that when booking a space only a third of the number you are booking it for will be able to be seated, I would have been happier if I had been made aware of this when booking the space. It was ok in the end as we managed to gather several stools which the staff helped us find.
The service was very slow when ordering drinks even when the bar wasn't hugely busy at the beginning of the night, most probably as everyone was ordering cocktails which obviously take a longer time to make. It would therefore have been better if there were more bar staff able to serve people waiting.
The music in the bar was quite varied between old and new which was greatly enjoyed by the hens of all ages.
For a bar in London it is very good value, as there is no door charge and only a £25 deposit is required to reserve an area that you get back as a bar tab.
My sister enjoyed her night which is all that matters in the end!!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Went to the races and planned a trip into London for afterwards, booked a table with Alicia which was easy and so good for value, £25 for the deposit of which was given back to me in a bar tab, no door cover charge which is hard to come by in London. When we got there we were welcomed by the Hostess Chloe? Blonde girl, she showed us our area which was in the Blanca room right behind the DJ the area was fantastic, best seats in the house, there was 25 of us so we knew that we wouldn't all get a seat because it is a night club after all!! The waitress came over and took our first drinks order which was spot on, impressive for 25 people!! Natalie? she had brown hair and was polish? then the rest of our drinks we got at the bar from Monica and Becky who were both great bartenders really calm and quick as well as being friendly to me and my friends. So my advice to anyone wanting a good night out in London that isn't full of pretentious staff and people, definitely give Jewel Covent Garden a visit :)

Reviewed June 2, 2013

What a nice little bar, We wondered past jewel, and I could hear a saxophone playing over the music. It instantly enticed me in as I’m learning the sax. We walked in and gasped at the splendour of the interior. We were greeted by the smell of flowers and tall candles everywhere.
The guy who thought was probably the manager came over to me and handed us a menu, explained they were launching a new menu and told us about the fresh fruit Mojitos, and recommended one to try. Bar tenders were very good, attentive and didn’t take them long to make a large round of different drinks!
We looked at the price of them and though they were quite reasonable, but then after ordering them, turned out they were half price due Jewel’s Happy hour. I was amazed. I stood at the bar watching the sax player on the stairs! She was brilliant. Just topped off the whole experience! We ended up staying most of the late in to the night exploring the 4 rooms, and then dancing on the dance floor downstairs.
Its very deceiving from the outside, just looks tiny, Got a shock when we had a look round. My friends and I are planning to come back for a leaving do next weekend and I seriously cannot wait!

3  Thank Benjamin T
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My friends and I had a fantastic night out two weekends ago at Jewel, we had put our names on the guest list to avoid queues. Most of the tables on a Saturday night are booked in advance for parties (this is recommended, as the club is very popular). We did not have a table booking, but the staff at front of house were fantastic and friendly, they made our stay very welcoming, and after a short discussion with their manageress she arranged a table for us (without additional cost, a FIRST for London!). It made celebrating a friends 30th Birthday very enjoyable. Music was excellent, great mix of old school dance classics and chart hits. Take advantage of happy hour 6-8 (i think?) it was a good night!! Will be back again! Bar Staff were also friendly and polite!

3  Thank 1Rep