“Bitter as the cud....”

Cuisines: Chinese
Watford, United Kingdom
“Bitter as the cud....”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is in an area of London that you wouldn't go out of your way to visit. I only went here as I had a meeting in the area.

The restaurant was clean and it appears to be family run, with another branch elsewhere in London.

I ordered the lemon chicken with rice. This is one of my favourite dishes so I have tried all sorts of variants on this dish. Unfortunately, the sauce was extremely sour and eye-watering. I have only ever had this sauce before where it tastes sweetened so this was a bit of a shocker. Even mixing it in with the rice did not work in diluting the bitterness.

If I ever end up in the area in future, I would return here but I would avoid this particular dish. It's sad that they get this dish wrong but I'm prepared to try something else.

• Visited February 2013