“Good but hard to find”

Cuisines: Turkish
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Great little place but always nice to have a view when eating. Should be supported as independent. Really good food

Reviewed November 13, 2013

A lovely spot for lunch tucked away in the backstreet near UCL and Euston/King's Cross. Very happy to have come across it.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We had an early lunch at the Pitted Olive. The place was quiet and the chef wad still preparing for lunch. We chatted a little while he made delicious looking stuffed aubergines and he was very friendly. The rest of the staff were also very warm and welcoming. And the food....I wish this place was round the corner from me so that i could eat there very often. Such a delicious display of vegetable dishes...you don't know what to choose! Luckily you don't have to, as they do a mezze dish (in three sizes).
We had their delicious borek, one spinach and feta, one chicken and mushrooms. They came with mezze and salad. We loved it! Their hummus is yummy. We then had turkish coffee with spinach and pistacchio cake. Nice but not my favourite. The bill was under 20 pounds! Really good value. We came back for another lunch and tried the beef and onion borek and the stuffed aubergine. This place is a little gem, in particular if you like veggie dishes as they are delicious!

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

What an amazing find off Marchmont Street. Free wifi. Cheap hot drinks. Loo OK. Amazing homemade vegetable cakes - spinach cake was lovely. Highly recommended, inexpensive.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Their sign said Authentic Turkish and their window is inviting so I went in for a look. I'd never eaten a bright green Spinach and Pistachio cake, have you? It's delicious, served with a fragrant syrup and crushed Pistachios. The staff at this café is super friendly and HAPPY. The chef prepares his food (recipes from his mother) in full view and happy to chat at the same time.

It was one of the best cups of coffee I'd ever had and the cake is something else. I'm going back for their Turkish Coffee cake next. I also took home some stuffed eggplant and a medley of spicy vegetables; Yum.

1  Thank OutOfSydney