“Hidden Gem!”

Cuisines: Pizza, British
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southwark
Description: Situated under a railway arch, just off Blackfriars Road, Blackfriars Wine Bar is the ideal place for lunch, a quick drink after work or your office party. Whichever it is, we offer good wholesome food, interesting wines and friendly service from experienced staff.Ideally located for Southwark Station on the Jubilee Line Extension, Blackfriars Wine Bar is minutes away from the riverside and all of the attractions of the South Bank and Bankside.
London
“Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a really lovely rustic wine bar. The staff are very friendly and helpful.
I ordered a pizza with various toppings and it was absolutely delicious.
This is a great venue for all occasions.

• Visited September 2013

Exeter
“Nothing Black about this Blackfriars Fryer !!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I had the good fortune to visit this amazing "Hole in the Wall" (well actually, an "Arch under the Railway") twice in two days. I had business just around the corner! What a delight!

Definately a wine bar ... from the wine case ends on the tables, throug to the wine racks on every available wall space, and giant (empty) barrels from Bordeaux around the place. Not a "real ale" in sight !!

The food was fantastic, twice. In the evening, we all opted for pizzas, and they were excellent ... I've not eaten a pizza quite like that since I was last in Italy (in 1962!!).

And for lunch the next day, I had their home made smoked haddock fish cakes .... mouthwateringly delicious.

Service was good, and properly attentive.

Ohj, and if you need to find the WCs, ask for the "Office" !!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank AlfredtheGreat
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Like The Best!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I've already been there 15x and its always tip top. It never disappoints me except the time when it was a busy day and they ran out of apple juice. It was ok because it was a very busy day and it is vey unlikely to order apple juice at a wine-bar. The staff there are very welcoming. The only problem is that I live in a different country and I only get to visit England for two months every year and each time I come to England I come to the restaurant 5 times. Once I stayed there for lunch and dinner without going home. Each time I come for lunch or dinner I order the best mussels I've ever tasted. The shrimps go perfect with mayonnaise and the brownies never get worse.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank limitlesss_13
London, United Kingdom
“Tip Top”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is my second visit and it gets better each time. The staff are welcoming, the menu small but good whilst the specials really are special for pub food. Top it off with a great wine at reasonable price and the scene was set to enjoy a relaxing chat wit an old colleague. On a sweltering hot day as it was, the bar was just the right temperature naturally without noisy fans and the ice cold rose was just what was needed. Do pay a visit.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Geoffrey N
“Perfect Spot for a Pub Lunch”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This place is a stones throw from my office but so tucked away I barely noticed it even though I've walked past it twice a day for over a year. It truely is a 'hidden gem'!

My colleagues and I have been for to consecutive 'Burger Tuesdays' - they are exceptional value and really great grub!

The staff are really friendly and the toilets are spotless. The interior reminds me a little of being in Spain (if only the weather were to match).

• Visited June 2013
TECBen, Public Relations Manager at Blackfriars Wine Bar, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Hi Ladypezza,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Blackfriars Wine Bar, great to hear you have been taking advantage of Burger Tuesday! We certainly agree that our wine bar is one of London's hidden gems. Looking forward to welcoming you again soon!

Kindest regards,