“Exquisite Japanese cuisine”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenwich
“Exquisite Japanese cuisine”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Don't be put off by the fact that it looks like a bit of a run down cafe, as this Japanese restaurant offers sushi and other dishes of the highest quality. I started with the gyoza(deep fried dumplings) which were extremely tasty with the vinegar-soy sauce, they were gone in a matter of seconds. I then had the salt and pepper soft shell crab which was beautifully crispy and the amount of fried garlic and onion was to die for - however it doesn't state that this dish is spicy and there are losts of chillies, so if you are not a fan of spice, ask for it "normal".

Next I had the yakitori(skewered chicken with a teryaki sauce) and the sauce was thick and flavoursome, bringing out the best in the chicken. I didn't go for a dessert and I slightly regret not going for sushi as it looked wonderful - but that just gives me an excuse to go again! I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys authentic Japanese cuisine with a twist.

• Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Bolton
“Don't miss it!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Had a lovely meal in Zaibatsu on the run up to Christmas. It was recommended by my landlady and it didn't disappoint. My partner is a veggie and he had loads to choose from (a nice change), we opted for endamame beans and tofu for starters and then a steaming bowl of noodles and some sushi for mains. The food was fresh and tasty and served quite quickly despite the restaurant being full. We had booked in advance which was good as it was very busy
The surroundings are clean but rather basic but the food makes up for it in leaps and bounds and it's really good value for money. You can also bring your own booze and there is no corkage charge (a lovely wine shop across the road if you need inspiration!)
Sadly we were sat right by the door so it was a bit chilly - my only negative.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank NorthernMonkey80
Chrsterfield
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely Xmas party night”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Celebrate Xmas party with my family last week at zaibatsu .. Recommend by friend .. And we give a try.. .. Even though outside looks like greaser spoon and inside atmosphere is not look like what you expect high end restaurant decor .. But . We are really satisfied and feel we are enjoy in high end restaurant meal.. It was absolutely Amazing . Good value, fresh and nice .. All of my family really enjoy our dinner and happy .. Definitely will be back once got chance visit to London next time ..

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank LovelyJameseater
“bargain”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Authentic sushi with funky toppings. Little gem in the middle of greenwich where there isnt much choice of food. You can also bring your own alchohol!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank va c
“Nice and fresh”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We had a really tasty meal here. English speaking waiters, good knowledge of Gluten Free requirements.

• Visited November 2013