“Love it, will be back”

Neighborhood: Greenwich
london
“Love it, will be back”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

From outside, the place looks about as appetising as a greasy spoon. But the quality of the food is indeed very good; while the price and service make it overall excellent. I dare say there are better Japanese restaurants around London; but most are much worse; and for value, this wins above all. Gyozo were great; sushi was excellent; chicken terayaki was very good - will have to try other dishes next time.

1 Thank lir c

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“It's okay.”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Saturday night. Dinner for 4 people, 2 of us were local. Seasoned sushi eaters drawn by the hype of trip advisor. Fish and chip shop exterior and colourful Lego coloured cafe furniture noted. Very few tables available for groups of 4 as it is quite small so early booking is required. It was quite cold last night so where we sat (all tables by the front) it was quite draughty even with the bar heaters on full blast.

We had the following rolls: California, volcano and rainbow which were fine. Gyozas veg and chicken which were good and then we had our main noodle and rice dishes: Katsu curry, udon and chicken which were big but not great, perhaps a little too salty and drowning in sauce. We brought our own wine and the bill where we included a tip came to about £20 a head.

I have been to other reasonably priced, less scruffy sushi places before (Pham comes to mind) which I go back to as it's convenient to meet friends who live in different areas but I am really struggling to understand some of these reviews where people have travelled from afar and rave about food which is not particularly outstanding and the prices are not that cheap compared to other similar sushi establishments. If you are local then it's convenient but then again there are 2 other sushi places within a mile to choose from at a similar price. If you are not local, I wouldn't bust a gut to get through this door, but then again some people like waiting in long queues to eat at up and coming places......

3 Thank Snugglywuggly
Vienna, Austria
“Very good sushi for good price”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have been to this restaurant a few times before - dining is obviously not the finest but the staff are extremely friendly and the dishes look wonderful. There might be a bit too much mayo on the sushi rolls (never seen that before), but especially the fish tastes amazing.
I would recommend to book a table since Zaibatsu got so popular in the last couple of months and there is definitely not much space.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Sara M
“Dirty, bad food, I do not understand the hype”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We decided to go based on reviews. It's still a mistery for me how this place is better than 3 stars here. The rolls are awful, they put so much mayo, the fish was not so fresh, the curry was super greasy (i would expect some, but they had so much oil/grease swimming on top of the dish it was disgusting), and generally v dirty place. would not go back even for free.

1 Thank Vidrascu
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I am in love with the food !!! Amazing chef , amazing staff, amazing food !!!
I have been inviting all my friends and familly - never disappointed. We also organised our family celebration for 15 people . I have never had so much to eat . Everyone left happy and impressed.
Well done Zaibatsu !!