“relaxing day”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“relaxing day”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

didnt stay here but used the spa for a morning,and had lunch.the spa was lovely.the staff very friendly and helpful.lunch of sea bass went down a treat as did the champagne.would love to stay here but out of my price range.

1 Thank lilyrose8

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing and relaxing time!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The hotel is beyond beautiful and spa was amazing. I had enjoyable time with my friend at Montcalm. The staff are extremely polite and helpful. We were warmly welcoming by a receptionist. While we were filling consultation forms, she offered a glass of water and fruits. The attitude was really kind. The place is great, the treatments we got were very good ( two Facials) The Spa Facilities are very clean and the environment is very relaxing...I doubt I could ever find any negative comment to add! The spa and spa staff was wonderful and very accommodating.
Definitely I'll come back! It was a superb experience and one I would highly recommend to anyone.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Natalia W
“Happy with this spa”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I booked a spa day and treatment for the middle of March. We went with a friend and were quite happy with it. The girls at reception were polite, we had a good massage and manage to relax. We really enjoyed it.

Visited March 2013
UK
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Do not book this spa!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Booked a spa day at the Spa and Wellness Montcalm at the beginning on February, via Lastminute.

The spa day was advertised as 9-5, but we knew we would not be able to arrive until about 12. I called the spa to explain this as I didn't want our booking cancelling when we did not arrive at 9am (we did not feel the need to have the full day in the spa anyway).

The lady in the spa, however polite, spoke relatively poor English and I really struggled to explain what I was asking and was told repeatedly that 'No you have to come at those given times,' as she thought we were asking to change the times to later than 5pm. Eventually she said that yes, our request was fine- but I still wasn't confident that this was understood. I also asked if there was availability for the spa on the date of our proposed booking, and was told that yes there was.

I therefore went ahead and booked via Lastminute (cheaper than direct booking). Confirmation email was almost immediate.

Today, a month later, Lastminute have called to say that the Montcalm have cancelled the booking as they now have 'too many treatment bookings' on our booked day. Basically, we interpret this as 'we had paid for a basic (non treatment) package they now have clients who will be spending more money and need our space.'

The Montcalm should not be taking bookings from other companies, then cancelling so close-we now have trains and hotels booked which are non-refundable.

Had this been cancelled with a few days of the booking- fine. I would understand this may be due to communication times between Lastminute and the hotel itself. However, the fact that it has been left until just over a week before the date arrives is ridiculous, especially as I DID contact the hotel directly to confirm availability for the date before booking with Lastminute.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Poor”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I went for a spa day with my sister and was dissapointed with the overall experience. We were asked to leave the spa so it could be refilled. The worker then walked out and left the hose in the spa and it flew out and soaked my sister and myself. I complained and was offered a free glass of champagne. I said we don't drink and was given a complimentary slip for the champagne and told to give it to a friend. ( so my friend as to come all the way to the hotel for a glass of champagne. ) I don't think so.... The only saving grace was the fantastic Aromatherapy Massage we had by Jag and Jenny. They were excellent and very professional. Thank you girls.

altmon, General Manager at Spa at The Montcalm, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments; we at The Montcalm take our guest feedback as paramount to our success and work on them as far as possible. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused during your time at the Spa.. I can assure you that all points have been shared with respective department to ensure that such incidents do not happen in the future. I am glad that you enjoyed however the treatments which actually showes the standard of service we provide. The incident with the hose was cleary and accident.
Please feel free to contact me personally next time you would like to visit us so that we may restore your faith in The Montcalm as well as team who work here.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Thanks