“Best Indian in South East London”

Spice of Life Indian Cuisine
Ranked #2,810 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Asian, Barbecue, Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Small family run restaurant , 38 seats, Indian and Bangladeshi food.Top 100 in Good Curry Guide 2013, free delivery service £25 min order, 2 mile radius area. Fully licensed and Air conditioned.Four course seasonal meal deal only £12.50 per person. Wide choice for all Vegetarian, Meat and Fish Dishes. Easy Parking after 7pm.
London
“Best Indian in South East London”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

This is the first review I have written on Spice of Life in Lewisham, but not the first time I've had the pleasure to dine there. What strikes me about this restaurant is how utterly reliable it is. It offers tasty, well-presented and moderately-priced dishes on every visit. I've always wondered why Moody hasn't just taken out a bank loan and opened up a larger restaurant. But perhaps he knows best, and felt that having a bigger restaurant would make it difficult to maintain its high culinary standard. With its £12.50 full dinner menu, Spice of Life may even be a better deal than it was five or ten years ago. Two of us chose the offer a few nights ago: we had a fish dish and a more traditional lamb curry for our main courses, shared a wonderful minced lamb starter and had all three vegetable choices offered that evening. Included in the price was a large dish of pilau rice and a piping hot nan bread. It was a wonderful tasty and varied meal for both of us. There was sufficient waiting staff and Moody was present to supervise, explain and just chat as an old friend. Our evening at Spice of Life was a lovely event, in both social and dining terms. I recommend the restaurant to all my friends: it's well worth travelling across London for a meal here, but I'd book in advance. Thanks.

• Visited June 2014

“Home from Home”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Well after travelling around the world a bit and eating Michelin-rated food in France I desired a curry, and 'The Spice' is just where I head for a quick take-away or dinner in. It is like going home to my Bangladeshi family (if I had one - sadly I'm white British! - but if I did this would be how I imagine it). The food is excellent, the welcome is warm and the portions large without being off-putting. Together with it being two minutes' walk from home and offering a loyalty discount, why would I want to go anywhere else? Well maybe to try some food in Bangladesh one day!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Richard G
“Yummyy!!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

food was spicy and tasty! nice atmosphere and waiters. Price was on point. I'm looking foward to going there again soon

“Great Indian food”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

There was a time when this place became almost like my second home, because I used to live nearby. Now, once in a while when I visit this place,it is nice that staff remembers me and knows what I used to like.

• Visited March 2014
“warm wellcome.”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

me and lisa visited this restererant for the first time about a year ago.
we could not have been made to feel more wellcome.
the owner moody (he is not at all) is very friendly and willing to accomadate.
lisa my partner is in a weelchair and as soon as we walk in moody and his staff go out of there way to make sure we are seated at a suitable table and if nesserary will move tables to accomadate.
the food is first class.
iv never had a bad meal here.
on one particular rainey night dispite having a busy day moody let us stay untill the rain eased off.
he even made lisa a makeshift coat.
out of a bin liner.is there no end to this mans talents.i would recomend this diner to anyone.its well worth a visit and you will leave with a smile on your face.

• Visited August 2013