“Excellent Breakfast, Great Service!”

Riverside Cafe Lambeth Pier
Ranked #1,590 of 22,857 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Excellent Breakfast, Great Service!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

This cafe is a real little gem that I stumbled across with my nephew as we were exploring the area. We had just left the more commercial/tourist area near the london eye, where there was the usual fast food, but had choosen to avoid this and walk further along the river. I am so glad that we did. We were greet by friendly staff and a lovely clear menu and array of food on offer in a counter. We ordered two cooked breakfasts and even customised them, which was no hassle to the staff. The price was fair, not cheap but not expensive for the area. We were advised how long our food would take before we found a seat. Our food arrived promptly and was presented well on a wooden board and again with friendly staff. During our meal a waitor asked if everything was ok and all i could do was offer my thanks as the food was delicious!! I would highly recommend this cafe to others as it was the best breakfast I have had in a very long time.

10 Thank Mandi P

Enfield, England, United Kingdom
“Stunning views, great food, friendly service”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I had an hour to kill before a meeting nearby. Picture perfect view from comfortable inside dining, overlooking, indeed overhanging, the Thames, the Houses of Parliament, the London Eye. I sat indoors watching the boats, people and helicopters go by, but there was also lovely outside seating right on the river.

I had a beautiful scrambled eggs (with proper fresh eggs) topped with yummy cracked pepper on a crispy ciabatta toast base. It also came with a lovely hot side bowl with baked beans.

Service was attentive and very friendly but not intrusive and I was able to keep a tab open whilst I stayed so I could pay all in one go at the end.

A real gem of a find. Very highly recommended to tourists, locals or business people alike.

• Visited April 2014
9 Thank Robin S
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Great food and great view”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Visited on the basis of other reviews.

Was greeted warmly, and for a Saturday morning, there was plenty of seating. I ordered, paid & grabbed a seat at the window, with views of Westminster. The full English breakfast was delicious, as was the coffee, and both were served fairly promptly.
Great place for views and food or even a lingering cuppa.

9 Thank roosterza
London, United Kingdom
“Stunning view of the Parliament and Big Ben! Not to be missed!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

If you happen to pass by this little cafe and it's not peak time, please give yourself the privilege to sit down and relax drinking a good coffee and looking at the parliament, the Big Ben and the London eye. Whether you are a Londoner or a tourist, do not hesitate. Make sure you can sit at the right of the entrance where the view is stunning. This place is very small so you have to be lucky, but it's worth it every penny. coffee is good, they have a huge variety of drinks (beers and cider as well!) and a very good selection of food. My boyfriend and I enjoyed the view and the food very much and will go back there for sure. we've been living 10 years in London and didn't know about this place!

• Visited January 2014
8 Thank Diletta
“Great cooked breakfast”
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I had a cooked breakfast here a couple of months ago. At £9, it was better than a £22 breakfast I had at a four star hotel in central London this year. Why? Because it was freshly cooked, unlike the buffet breakfast at the hotel. Everything was cooked to a tee, with a view of Parliament across the river. The only downside is the noise from the main road. Excellent service, too.

• Visited June 2013