“wonderful dinner”

Neighborhood: City of London
London, United Kingdom
“wonderful dinner”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I enjoyed the food served including the tapas, the main course and the dessert. but personally, I dont like the atmosphere. and there's still space for improvement of the service.

• Visited February 2014

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great find”
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I am always on the look out for a new restaurant and somewhere I can take clients. A friend gave me a recommendation about this place and as such I've been back numerous times in the last few months. It's an interesting concept in that it's a deli, bisto/tapas bar and a restaurant. The decor is engaging and the staff are friendly and attentive. What isn't immediately obvious is that the seating restaurant area upstairs is much larger that it might first appear.

I've been through most of the tapas menu now which is tasty, authentic and decent sized portions. The wine list is good too.

Having to put my hand in my pocket to pay for some non expensed lunches, I thought the cost of a typical cover is very reasonable for the standard of the food and the general experience.

Visited January 2014
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Estupendo!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Son and I took advantage of an Amazon offer for the 7 course tapas menu with cava. Turned out to be some of the best tapas I have had outside of Madrid. Large, busy bar and restaurant area in the former Lloyds Bank head office and done up in a grand Spanish style.
Service was prompt and efficient. The Serrano ham and choritzo were superb and the croquetas were sublime. Also came with patatas bravas and dessert although by the the time we got to dessert, we were both full.
Excellent, but pricey, wine list as well. Good for taking clients out or just to have a taste of Spain at it's best.
Will be back, Amazon offer or not!

1 Thank dicanio10
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect Spanish food in the City - feels like eating in Madrid”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Quite possibly the best Spanish food I've eaten in London. Great service from smiling Spanish staff and totally authentic Spanish cuisine. We had tapas to start and paella for the main course - all very good. We drank an excellent red 'Habla del Silencio' which was good value. We ate in the more formal upstairs restaurant and I would recommend it highly for a business lunch.

Buckhurst Hill, United Kingdom
“More Tapas!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Tapas is fast approaching Chicken Tikka Massalla as the nations favourite. Wonderful venue in the heart of the City of London. Service started slowly but strangely picked up when they realized that one of our party knew the owner. High quality food.