“My new favourite place in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hispania London

Hispania London
Ranked #1,362 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: City of London
london
“My new favourite place in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Went on a business lunch and were 8 of us.
The food was to die for, all freshly prepared and to the higher standard. I cannot remember the last time I have eaten so much
Didn’t have to wait at all, in fact the gap between each dish was perfect, nothing went cold .
The squid was outstanding, we kept on ordering more and more. The black rice was unbelievable!
If you want to try real Spanish food this place is a must. Great atmosphere, busy but not noisy, staff friendly and smiley.
I will go there very soon for sure!

Visited October 2013

london
“Not suitable for vegetarians”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I've visited this restaurant few weeks ago. I'm a vegetarian and my friends are meat eaters. I was not expecting much as Spanish cousine is not famous for their vegetarian dishes, but they did not have any mains which were meat free which was very dissapointed. I had a green salad and few tapas but I would not call it a full meal. My friends enjoyed their food and in general it was good (crunchy cheese bites were delicious) but the fact that none of the main dishes was meat free was a little annoying. And then there was a problem with delayed seafood paella, we ordered it at the beginning of our meal, were told it will be ready in about 20 minutes but we got it over an hour late after reminding the waitress (apparently problem in the kitchen). Again my friends enjoyed food a lot ( and I just sat there looking at them)
The restaurant is located in a lovely building and the fact that the tables are not centimeters away from each other giving you a lot of space and not having other guests sitting almost on your lap was a bonus. It got busy quickly, reserving table in advance might be a good idea

London, United Kingdom
“best spanish restaurant in london so far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

l and my wife had a amazing time at hispania. it was very nice and very friendly service and lovely spanish meals. i will definitely go there again.

• Visited November 2012
“Amazing! You must go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Housed in the former Lloyds Bank office building, Hispania is a Grade I* listed building. Javier Fernandez and his team of designers and architects have been sympathetic to the building's rich heritage and have turned it into a beautiful dining space showcasing the very best of Spanish food, wine and culture. This has to be one of the best meals I have had in London in a long time. The paella de carne was superb as were the starters of croquettas, padron peppers and jamon. Wines from Albarino and Ribera del Duero complemented everything perfectly. Authentic Spanish cuisine in the City of London.

London, United Kingdom
“Best new Spanish Restaurant in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I went to Hispania last night and I would recommend everyone to go there and enjoy the most genuine and delicious Spanish food. Even though is on one of the most iconic streets in the City I felt I was in Spain. The people behind Hispania are truly committed to bring the best of Spanish produce to London and as a Spaniard living in London I am over the moon. It is also ideal for private functions. I cannot recommend it enough! Well done Hispania!!

• Visited October 2013

Been to Hispania London? Share your experiences!