“GREAT FOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wolkite Kitfo

Wolkite Kitfo
Ranked #17 of 22,367 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
London, England, United Kingdom
“GREAT FOOD”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Lovely atmosphere, great owner. Lovely food. Actually I must go back even now that I am moving south of the river. The flavours, the mead...yes traditional ethopian drink is mead. Amazing!
I love this place and I don't want to stop having it soo close to me. Great for family and friends, anyone who likes trying new foods. I come here often it is always amazing. Also try the coffee, if you just have the regular coffee (it is amazing, makes me wonder what the best taste like).

• Visited June 2014

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Ethiopian Food In London”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have only in the past year started eating Ethiopian food and have tried a few places but this one is by far the best. For anyone who has not tried Ethiopian food this is an excellent place to start. The staff are very friendly and the menu is reasonably priced.

I recommend the Gored Gored which is amazing raw (but can be cooked if you are that way inclined).

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank ProvincialEmigrant
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing food and friendly service”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Wolkite Kitfo is a nice little restaurant that serves authentic Ethiopian dishes and provides relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The service is good and staff helpful. You can have your meat cooked to your liking (we had ours medium rare) and you'll definitely enjoy the variety of meat and vegetable dishes, usually served on tasty injera. Whatever your choice of a main, I recommend getting a refreshing timatam salad on the side. I think it's safe to say that Wolkite Kitfo is one of the best Ethiopian restaurants in London. I already look forward to the next visit.

• Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eat here right now”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I'm rarely WOWed by a London dinner these days, but this restaurant did it. The best Ethiopian food I've ever had -- and, generally, one of my best meals in a long time.
The decor is bare-bones. But the service is exquisite. The very kind server brought around samples of honey wine for us to try--and helped us to select the best dishes. The Kitfo (raw beef) was insanely good. (This, from someone who was scared to try it.) The lamb in spices (#11) was also a must-order.
Far more food that two grown-ups could muster + beers was about 30 pounds. (This could easily have fed three.)

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Katie E
“Delicious”
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

This was one of the best meals I have had in London in a long time. The restaurant is out of the way on Hornsey Road, full of obvious regulars, and sparsely decorated--all good signs. We were not disappointed. For two, we ordered the Special Kitfo (raw), some lamb Tibs, and a mix of vegetables, all with the usual injera. Everything was delicious and intensely flavourful, especially the Kitfo (my first time eating it raw). I would return all the time if I lived closer--especially because the price was so right. An absolutely enormous meal for two set us back a mere 30 pounds, beers included. This place is a definite BUY.