“Simply Perfect”

The Full English
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: We are a 'pop up' Cafe that started in Soho went onto Islington and are now popping up in The Candlemaker pub in Battersea, serving classic British, homemade Cafe food. Our dry cure bacon and free range eggs come from English farms, our sausages and award winning pies and sausage rolls are made for us by The Sausage Roll Sanctuary of Hampshire. We responsibly source our ingredients and pride ourselves on making everything fresh . We are open Midday to 3pm and 5pm to 10pm 7 Monday to Saturday and until 5pm Sundays. For reservations email,text or phone with your name, contact number, number of people, date and time. We look forward to welcoming you.
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Simply perfect sums up my experience of 'The Full English' nicely because the menu offers simple, classic English food served in a quaint atmosphere with a lovely vintage feel and at very reasonable prices.
I had the token, 'Full English' and discovered the meat was all sourced in Britain from a supplier known personally to the owner, and had it cooked beautifully. The sausages were amazing. I ended up leaving with two home-made sausage rolls.
Basically if you are looking for the best Full English Breakfast at the best price in Central London then you'd be silly not to give it a go.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I love my traditional English breakfasts and this place in central London was a true find. We made a reservation and just as well we did as it was packed when we arrived. The quality of the food is awesome, the bacon and sausages super tasty, and the staff are really friendly despite being rushed. For the quality and amount of food received this is truly great value in expensive London. Thoroughly recommend!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I went here with a friend in July 2013, we went for breakfast it was very underwhelming.
I chose The Full English based on reviews from tripadvisor and the location. When we arrived all of the tables indoors were full or reserved, I suggested to the waitress that we sit outside (which she didn't suggest herself), so we went and sat outside and she said she would be right out... 10 minutes later she arrived to take our order, we both had the full English breakfast, one with toast/butter and black pudding, one with mushroom and black pudding, the waitress repeated it back to us wrong, we corrected her and carried on, she came back out 5 mins later to once again confirm the order. I also ordered a cup of tea, and when it arrived it looked like a tea bag had been waved over the water but not actually been in it, it was the weakest tea I've ever experienced, I ordered more tea later on and it was much stronger thankfully. The food arrived, and i didn't get any butter with my toast, we'd been there for about 45 minutes at this point, so i didn't bother bringing it up, I just wanted to eat and get out of there. The food was nice, but nothing special, just a standard fry up. The price was reasonable considering the quality of food and service we had. There only seemed to be the one waitress attending to everyone, so she seemed rushed off her feet, perhaps she was having a rough day.
I'm not a hard person to please with food, but an hour for an average fry up isn't great.

michele c, Owner at The Full English, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you Michael for taking the time to respond and point out areas that we need to address. Since our waitress's first day (which as you say, turned out to be a particularly hectic one), further training has proved successful and she is now settled in and working very well. Our apologies that your experience was not a wholly enjoyable one.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We breakfast here regularly and travel 13 miles to do so. We love everything about the place and staff. There is an obvious commitment to quality and care for customers, a rare find these days. Would advise any friend that this is place to go but it is small and therefore advisable to ring and reserve a table.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The cafe is a real find. Food carefully sourced and excellent quality - homemade tomato sauce, proper bread and great tasting sausages and eggs for breakfast. Very friendly service and excellent value for money- the visit really helped to make our day in London a day to remember. It's quirky in a nice way - mismatched but beautiful china crockery, proper napkins and cute furniture - it feels like 'olde world charm' and is evidence of thought and care for a positive customer experience.