“Full English a staple of traditional English cuisine”
Review of The Full English - CLOSED

The Full English
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: We are a 'pop up' Cafe that started in Soho went onto Islington and are now popping up in The Candlemaker pub in Battersea, serving classic British, homemade Cafe food. Our dry cure bacon and free range eggs come from English farms, our sausages and award winning pies and sausage rolls are made for us by The Sausage Roll Sanctuary of Hampshire. We responsibly source our ingredients and pride ourselves on making everything fresh . We are open Midday to 3pm and 5pm to 10pm 7 Monday to Saturday and until 5pm Sundays. For reservations email,text or phone with your name, contact number, number of people, date and time. We look forward to welcoming you.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I met up here with friends for a leisurely Saturday breakfast chosen as it appears to be building up quite a reputation.

The full English breakfast is regarded as a staple of traditional English cuisine and is served in “greasy spoons” (working mens cafes). This certainly isn’t a “greasy spoon”. The decor has a hint if the country about it, with handmade table cloths and napkins, the food served on bone china; it’s very easy to forget that you are in the heart of Soho, London.

I ordered the Full English without any additions; my plan was to allow space for the highly recommended Sticky Toffee Pudding.

My breakfast arrived hot, nicely cooked and simply presented with my toast on a separate plate just as I like it. The bacon and tomato was spot on, my only issue was with the (tasty) sausage, it contained so much meat (apparently 80%) it crumbled on cutting in to it... but I can live with that!

I would not normally order Sticky Toffee Pudding as I find they are usually a very ordinary sponge smothered in a sickly sweet pouring sauce but this STP was as described... the toffee was sticky and the sponge was rich with the homely flavour of treacle with just a hint of salt, very comforting, not overpowering and nicely complimented with a simple custard.

The Staff were chatty, polite and friendly. Everything passed muster, even for a pedant like me... from the salt and pepper pots running freely, the clean bottle of Heinz (of course) tomato sauce and the often hard to find in London... clean toilets.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I popped in for lunch the other day, and was pleasantly surprised to see the O-Bar transformed into a quaint little restaurant. The waiter (I think his name was Ollie) was very polite, and attentive. I had the chicken and leek pie with mash which was served piping hot, and obviously made from scratch. The portion was a good size, and the price was even better (£7.95 if I remember correctly). My entire bill with a glass of Merlot came to £12.50, which was a nice change of pace to overpriced central London. I'll definitely be back to try their afternoon tea, and the full english breakfast (not at the same time, or I would burst). Give it a go, and see this very clever use of space in Soho.

2  Thank TheTimothyE
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Had breakfast here this morning, and managed to snag a fab corner table by the window at about 11.30am, beating the lunchtime rush. The room itself has been designed with chintzy period effect and is great fun. Can definitely recommend both of the breakfasts we had: a corned beef hash with a perfect runny egg on the top, and my friend had Manx kipper with bread and butter and a pot of tea. Service from our waiter was excellent, and we both left with the feeling of total well-being to go about a day's shopping. We'll be regulars (if we can get in with all these top reviews telling everyone about it!)

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Delicious breakfast and complete value for money. We stumbled across this one day when in SOHO looking for a traditional place to stop for breakfast. It was unexpectedly delicious! The owner (I think) was lovely, and his typical English charm added to the experience. Unfortunately the only let down was the waitress who was very slow to bring us our drinks and often forgot to bring us what we ordered (eg. bread and butter, coffee). But the food and owner definitely made up for it, and he jumped in whenever we put our hand up and brought us what we asked for instantly. Definitely worth it!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is a little gem in the heart of Soho. A lucky find. Excellent value for money. Tea served in china cups. Pretty tablecloths and napkins add to the experience. We had the cafe's take on a Ploughman's lunch which was a sausage roll, a pulled pork pie served with chutney and coleslaw. It was delicious. It looked as well as tasted home made. Had to try the traditional sticky toffee pudding and it was divine!! Definitely worth a visit and......remember to leave room for pudding!

1  Thank Laura S