“Quaint, quirky and amazing food!”
Review of The Full English - CLOSED

The Full English
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: We are a 'pop up' Cafe that started in Soho went onto Islington and are now popping up in The Candlemaker pub in Battersea, serving classic British, homemade Cafe food. Our dry cure bacon and free range eggs come from English farms, our sausages and award winning pies and sausage rolls are made for us by The Sausage Roll Sanctuary of Hampshire. We responsibly source our ingredients and pride ourselves on making everything fresh . We are open Midday to 3pm and 5pm to 10pm 7 Monday to Saturday and until 5pm Sundays. For reservations email,text or phone with your name, contact number, number of people, date and time. We look forward to welcoming you.
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Having read the reviews on this site and being in town feeling like a good meal I searched out this venue to try it out.

I was surprised to see that the price was only £5 for the basic "famous" breakfast (tomato,bacon,egg and sausage) with various additional extras available at £1-£1.50 each. I had the black pudding beans and toast and this meant that the value was outstanding considering the quality of the ingredients-the sausage and the black pudding in particular being amazing.

The food is without fault, and the venue is quirky. Relatively small, I would say when this starts to pick up (as undoubtedly it will due to this site and its reviews), I think it will be hard to get a table here soon.

The service is attentive and though there were a few small things amiss in my experience-no spoon with my tea, or cutlery after I had ordered-I'm sure it will improve. However I must say that there was one particular member of staff who was good and couldn't fault the enthusiasm, but when being attentive and asking if anything else is needed follow up drinks etc really shouldn't say "Are you sure?" if you decline as they did a few times. It's not necessary, and also pretty annoying and patronising.

Overall though a great place. And they also serve cocktails!

3  Thank Steveolia
michele c, Owner at The Full English, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Hi Steve, thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review, we are happy you enjoyed your visit. Your points regarding the service have been noted and duly raised during staff training!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We popped in for lunch for mother in laws 82nd birthday prior to a matinee of Les Miserables which is a minutes walk away. The reviews were so good that I dropped them an email to make sure we would get in. I got a prompt reply stating that midday wasn't over busy, but they would save us a good table when we arrived. We were all greeted by staff knowing who we were, why we were there and given a beautiful table. It is a quaint cafe/restaurant serving what can only be described as delicious wholesome food. My daughter had the famous full English Breakfast, mother and I had ham and eggs and hubby had the sausage and mash with onion gravy. The staff were attentive but not overbearing. Everyone made my mum in law feel very special and even gave her a little box of chocolates as a goodbye gift for her birthday. 2 courses and a drink worked out between £11-£12. Give this place a try, you won't be disappointed. Thank you for making this an extra special day for all of us. I don't usually have a pud, but the sticky toffee pudding was polished off leaving not a morsel and my hubby loved the chocolate cake.

3  Thank Gail1965
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was the perfect breakfast!

We loved it, cant wait to go again.

Ultra friendly staff.

I have told everyone. i can think of.

2  Thank 174AlisonB
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We visited the o bar on a Saturday morning for a bite to eat ! Fantastic atmosphere with ultra friendly staff , food was absolutely top . We all enjoyed the experience and we revisit next time we are in London.

2  Thank Ian M
Reviewed April 29, 2013

What can I say, I was in London for the weekend and noticed the review on tripadvisor so tracked the place down Saturday morning, from the moment we walked in prior to opening time, the experience was fantastic. The communication and description on the quality of the food and the general “I care attitude” made such a difference.

Then there was the breakfast, you can tell they have sourced fresh and high quality produce to make a fabulous breakfast.

Thank you very much for an experience, when I am next in London I will be back.

3  Thank Scoot1963