“Love it!”
Review of Forbidden Planet

Forbidden Planet
Ranked #18 of 739 Shopping in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The uk's largest and best-known science fiction, fantasy and cult entertainment retailer! Specialist comics and comic subscriptions
Stockholm
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Love it!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

If you're a whovian, a trekker or almost any other fandom then this is the place to be. They have so many wounderful things, I just wished that I was very rich

Visited April 2013

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Geek Heaven!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband was kind enough to let me spend an hour here on our recent trip to London. It was amazing! If you enjoy sci-fi, fantasy, comics, or any form of cult culture, you MUST see this place! It's two stories of pure awesomeness.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank BarbP35
Nijmegen, Netherlands
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“this shop is amazing”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I first heard about this shop in the tripadvisor forums, so when I was in London browsing the area I thought I might have a look and was very impressed. Lots of cool stuff from tvseries(drWho etc etc) and films(Star Wars, Star Trek etc etc), games etc, and the last time I discovered they had another floor downstairs with books etc. Their website is great as well, but I prefer going to the shop itself.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank IngeK73
Chicago, IL
478 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 312 helpful votes
“Sci Fi/Fantasty favorite”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This book and memorabilia store should be on every geek's list of places to visit in London. The selection of collectibles encompasses many book, comic, television and film favorites. The downstairs book section is quite overwhelming. Thank goodness there is no comfortable couches to snuggle up in and browse, or I might still be there. As is, I wish they had more t-shirts.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Anna H
Burleigh Heads, Australia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Sci-Fi & Comic Heaven”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Forbidden Planet has been around for a number of decades (previously nearer Covent Garden) and the latest location on Oxford Street spans a floors. This place is the best of it's kind for sci-fi &, cult entertainment including a full range of books, animated stories and graphic novels, comics, anime, manga, cult figurines, board games etc. I love this place and every time I am London I religiously visit this awesome shop. You can easily spend 2-3 hours in here.

Visited May 2012