“Far too Slow”

84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Far too Slow”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Sadly whilst really looking forward to seeing this show it was a big disappointment for me. I have not seen the film version so maybe if I had I would have known what to expect but for me there very little dancing and thought that was the point. I was looking forward to seeing some fantastic dancing and whilst what there was was good, the show was about the dancer's journey's to the audition. Luckily I had a cheap deal as if I had paid full price I would have been even more disappointed. The cast were good at what they did just this show was not for me.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mary E

Ipswich
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Good, but no star”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We went to a Saturday matinee - perhaps because there is another show later, the show's star John Partridge from eastenders, was not in it, which was a big shame. We did get upgraded tickets (presumably because the theatre was not sold out) though. Lovely theatre. Good show. A bit different from the fil - more singing, less dialogue, and a lot more dance. The cast are very good and it was a real tour de force. The dance wasn't all amazing though, if you know your dance - eg, the woman playing Cassie had terrible footwork. Also, in the big number at the end, they did a lot easier choreography than in the film, where they had a different move for every beat

Kingston upon Thames, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really Enjoyed It”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Wow, I can't believe this has had so many bad reviews!! I have been to a number of musicals and this has got to be one of my favourites. I was given tickets as a birthday present and took my mum, we thoroughly enjoyed it. Would definitely recommend it. You can see me full review here - http://whiskshooksandbooks.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/a-chorus-line-review.html

1 Thank Cathy B
Chicago, Illinois
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Excellent Show!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I grew up loving the movie and the soundtrack. Went to see A Chorus Line on Aug 23rd and it was amazing! I had a such a great time. The singers were really good. I bought my ticket the day before on lastminute.com for 15 pounds and when I picked up my ticket at the box office, I got an amazing seat! I was in row C of the Royal Circle. Overall, excellent show and had a wonderful time!

Warrington, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Don't waste your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We went to this show because our friends had booked at the same time as we were in London. We also booked tickets, but managed to get reduced priced tickets (about half what our friends paid) so thought we were getting a bargain for a big West End production. How wrong could we be? It was really poor, no real story, sets or production. We're not one-off visitors to the West End, so our expectations weren't over the top. However, no wonder this show is closing early. Despite the hard work of the cast, they had nothing to work with. My poor friends paid £69 each, I'm glad we only paid half that, but even then, it was a waste of money, particularly when there are other good shows to see.

1 Thank StevieB57