“First Time in Premier Inn”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel
Ranked #200 of 1,069 Hotels in London
“First Time in Premier Inn”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This was our first stay in a Premier Inn, as my daughter is a Whitbread employee (Costa), we took advantage of her 25% staff discount.

From the moment we walked in, the staff were very eager to help, this continued throughout our stay. The rooms were bright and airy, comfy beds, very clean throughout and good lighting with lots of mirrors for the ladies. The only slight downside which is why we didn't give it a five (can't do 4 1/2) is it didn't have a power shower.

Final note, a special thank you to Johnny, the restaurant guy, who always went the extra mile.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank pdbasham
RachelMcKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a Trip Advisor review and I am thrilled you enjoyed your first stay at Premier Inn. It was a lovely touch that you've personally commended one of our Team Members and I'm sure he'll be equally as delighted. I'm sorry if you didn't find our showers to your taste but it's great that you did love our clean, comfortable rooms. I hope you'll get the opportunity to stay with us again and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed here on the 28th dec.
We had a very busy day planned so dropped our bags off early which they were happy for us to do and didn't return til about 9pm to check in.
The receptionist was very helpful and showed us how to use the automatic check in which we did, collected our bags and headed up to the room.
There was a bit of a mix up when we got to the room and found it wasn't a family one ( we were with our 4 and 6 year olds) but this was very quickly rectified and were moved immediately.
The room was nice, maybe not quite as large as others we have stayed in with all the beds being in a row right next to each other! However it was a new hotel and you could literally still smell the lingering new paint and carpet smell, it was spotless, modern and comfortable. The beds were amazingly comfy and duvets and pillows were lush.
The bathroom was again spotless with powerful shower and nice bath for our children to use.
Free wifi for 30 mins per day which I think is a great idea.
Our room did look out onto office buildings so had to make sure curtains were closed when coming out the shower! No big deal!
The breakfast was a bit of a pain. The hotel was obviously very busy and we were advised when we got in to try to get down early as they were expecting it to be busy but it was almost out of control!
Think we got down about 10am and had to Queue for approx 10/15 mins which was fine and as we were warned we should of expected it really.
However they had run out of cups for the tea and glasses for the juice so were waiting quite a while.
Also they kept running out of bread or bacon etc and it wasn't being topped up quick enough so queues were forming. The room where the actual buffet is seemed too small for the amount of people esp compared to the size of the restaurant. Maybe it was just a particularly busy day but it was definitely out of control and the staff were extremely harassed.
Don't let this put you off going though we would go again and the location is great, about 5 min walk to the nearest tube station. Lovely hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time you share your stay on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you had a good stay and thank you for your feedback as we do try to action all feedback within our control. It was great to read that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable and that our location was perfect for your needs. I hope that you'll get the opportunity to stay with us again in the future and if you have any requests or questions before your next stay please do not hesitate to contact me. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Manchester
Reviewed February 28, 2014

So me and my girlfriend stayed here in Tuesday the night before my partners operation, the room was like a sauna, my partner kept waking up cos of the heat, I rang down to reception at 1am to see if they could alter the air con if you can call it that! After half an hour no one had replied so my partner had to go down, nothing could be done and at 2am he brought a fan up. My partner had to be at hospital for a major op at 7am and had next to no sleep! Not happy!

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest, I am really sorry that we failed on our promise of a Good Nights Sleep because of a fault with our air conditioning in your room. We do guarantee a Good Nights Sleep and we will most certainly ensure you are refunded under this guarantee. I'm unsure if you had the opportunity to speak with a Team Member at check out about the issue but if not, please get in touch with me with your reservation number and date(s) of stay and also the room number so I can arrange for the issue to be addressed. I hope that the refund goes some way to restoring your faith in Premier Inn and I hope you hear from you soon. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Hyde, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2014

the room was clean and well maintained, the staff were excellent, helpful and supportive. The food was excellent especially the breakfast. fantastic hotel near to Westminster bridge, London eye, houses of parliament, London dungeons and sea life centre. Short walk from either waterloo underground or Westminster underground. would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to complete a Trip Advisor review and I am delighted that you had such a fantastic stay with us. We are certainly fortunate to have such a central location and I am pleased you found you had everything you needed within a short distance. It would be wonderful to welcome you back again and please get in touch with me personally if there is anything I can do to make your next stay more enjoyable. I hope you had a pleasant onward journey and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Brighouse
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Just stayed four nights in a family room.
Check in was swift and got a view room...and what a view it was of Big Ben and the wheel. (Room 1301)
The room was plenty big enough and very clean.
Towels changed daily.
Bed comfortable.
Communal areas very clean.
Breakfast no waiting for a table and the value for money was great. Food and choice was good.
Checkout good.
Location really good.
I have stayed in both the neighbouring Park Plaza hotels..both are good but for the price this hotel is a fair match.
Will definitely visit again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Claretcop
It was wonderful to read your 5 star review and I am thrilled you had such a brilliant stay with us. Our Team Members ensure our rooms our clean and comfortable, our restaurant serves great food and that our guests have a warm welcome so I'm pleased your whole stay was perfect. I hope you all had a great time in London and that you'll stay with us again in the future. I look forward to welcoming you back and if you have any questions before your next stay then please feel free to ask as I'd be more than happy to help. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Corsham
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights with our 3 1/2 year old son. The hotel is well located for a youngster with the playground in Jubilee gardens just over the road, and plenty of places to eat and keep a youngster occupied, whilst being close to waterloo & westminster tube stations.

I found the room uncomfortably hot, and the temperature control wouldn't let me reduce the temperature to under 18 degrees overnight, even though the room felt much warmer than this.

Breakfast was a good easy choice with a young child with plenty of options, but had this been an adults only trip, I would have gone to one of the many restaurants over the road for better quality food.

I was also a little surprised that even this is a budget hotel, they didn't change the sheets overnight, and as my son had played in a sandpit during our first day, this was in our bedding throughout the stay. The 'wardrobe' is somewhat lacking but if you are happy to keep your clothes in your suitcase and have everything else on display on the open shelves it is more than adequate for a short stay.

Overall, good value for the location but if you want a bit more pampering, a change of sheets, I would pay a little extra and stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: I would try and stay near the bottom levels of the hotel. We, fortunately were on level 1, and as t...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ann B
Thank you for taking time to share your experience and I am pleased that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. Following guest feedback over the weekend, we have actioned an immediate response to our air conditioning as the full functionality should allow guests to switch this to a cooling system rather than heat only. We have family rooms on our ground floor level too and we're always open to requests for these where we can accommodate them. I hope that you'll have the opportunity to visit us again and please do get in touch if you would like to request a more conveniently located room or if you have any questions. I hope you all had a brilliant time in London and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Braintree
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Staff really helpful and friendly, good breakfast facilities, rooms clean, however, very warm and needed to get reception to turn on AC as can't open the tiny window in room, no view either so felt a little closed in. But will use again, generally good value and location is very good also, especially for southbank centre and London eye.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your 5 star review and for taking the time to share your stay on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you had a great stay which was made so by our friendly Team Members, clean rooms and great value breakfast. I was disappointed to read that you didn't find our air conditioning to work correctly and I have logged an immediate call to have this addressed following guest feedback. I hope that you'll be back to stay with us soon and if there is anything I can do to make your next stay more enjoyable then please get in touch with me. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)