“EXCELLENT!!”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“EXCELLENT!!”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Great entertainment! The venue and show were excellent. The theater carries the voices very well. Great cast, great music, overall great show.

We bought our tickets from an agent and paid a small premium. Book early to ensure you get the dates you want without paying a premium.

Visited December 2013

185 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 144 helpful votes
“" superb "”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

One of the best shows I've seen, absolutely hilarious and thoroughly enjoyable. If you're easily offended, don't go, it pokes fun at a vast array of people but in such a funny way. If you get the chance to go, grab it with both hands.

Visited February 2014
Louth, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The Craziest Musical Yet”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The show is a riot. The Book of Mormon London is a show for those who like satire. No! Not just satire but biting satire. I have enjoyed the Sound of Music and My Fair Lady and I always believe these two would be my ultimate favorites. To this I should add The Book of Mormon London. The musical is really up there with the best. Since my favorites were introduced some decades ago, I would always find it difficult to convince people to watch a musical. But with Mormon, it becomes easier and I can take friends to watch the show. Of course, I have seen some real great musicals in my mother tongue back in Bangalore and they would also tackle current events very well. But Mormon really is a beauty on all counts – production, sets, lighting, music, lyrics, cast and acting. The timing of the actors is phenomenal. Please book at least 10 weeks in advance.

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tick tick tick....”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The best show I've seen in years. Camp, crude, loud and full of laughter. Spun me into make-believe land in 2 minutes. Tickets already booked for to see it again. Worth every penny.

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“try too hard and just not particularly funny - v disappointing”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Firstly can I say I'm not easily offended or a prude, nor do I take myself too seriously (far from it!!) and yes I do love a good laugh so please take my review to be measured and honest.

We found this play to be very so so. Especially disappointing after all the hype surrounding it. The cast were great and very energetic but what let them down was the script. It came across as try to hard and on many occasions just downright crass and highly offensive/racist. It was cringey to watch.

Our experience certainly wasn't helped by the fact we didn't have great seats (way over to the side next to the wall in the stalls - bought from someone at work who could't go at the last min) not a single actor ever looked to the sides of the audience everything was directed to the centre of the audience so it was difficult to engage which obviously didn't help.

Overall yes the concept was there and had the potential to be funny but we just felt it came across as cheap shots which didn't hit the mark for us.

Plenty of other people have enjoyed it and each to their own but I felt compelled to leave this review as we were so disappointed as we left the theatre and lets face it theatre tickets aren't cheap!

Visited February 2014