“Good show ruined”

The Book of Mormon London
Ranked #10 of 359 Concerts & Shows in London
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The stars of this show are fantastic and many of the tunes are great. I would have really enjoyed it but two 'jokes' were so dark (rape of babies and female genital mutilation) that it sent me to a very dark place and I found it very difficult to find it funny after that and judged those who did. I think the writers have forgotten that laughing because you're shocked and embarrassed is not the same as finding something funny. Certainly not a show for taking your Granny to.

4  Thank Anneseacan

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We took our 16 year old nephew to this play as his first experience with theatre. He totally loved the show and still hums some of the tunes today. We saw the original play in NYC and thought this was just as good. I believe the actor playing Elder Cunningham is the same person we saw in NYC. I would warn people that some of the language is not suitable for a younger crowd. We laughed at the irreverance and would highly recommend getting tickets.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Very funny. The cast is magnificent. never a dull moment. Don't know how they sing and dance at the same time. Brilliant.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This show is a cleverly conceived, brilliantly written, master-piece of observational humour. The exceptionally talented cast bring so much energy and excitement to the show, it's like the biggest breath of fresh air in all London. The show also makes some very important points, and there is discomfort within the humour as issues such as poverty, HIV/AIDS and Female Genital Mutilation are poked fun of, but somehow, it works and you forgive them as they take you in to the brilliant Weird Mormon Hell. Overall, best night at the theatre I've ever had!

1  Thank BritBackPack
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Saw this last evening. Wasn't sure I wanted to give up a London evening to see an American play, but this is was great fun from beginning to end. Irreverent but hysterical humor, solid music, great choreography and outstanding performances, especially from the two leads. I haven't laughed that much in the theatre since I first saw Spamalot. Great fun.