“Simple, clean and tidy.”

Hyde Park Boutique Hotel
Ranked #617 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed one night travelling solo in a single room. Very impressed with how clean the room was and it was a decent size for a single room(I've stayed in smaller, double rooms in London) but don't expect massive rooms, just good quality ones . Room furniture was of a high quality, and bed was comfortable.

Shower had good water pressure and a good temperature. Room temperature was comfortable too. There is no lift due to the nature of the building, but I only had a small bag with me so that was OK and the Hotel provide a porter to carry your bags up the stairs if need be. I was at the rear of the hotel which was nice and quiet and all hallways and staircases have thick carpets so you don't hear people wandering about through the night.

The free WiFi is a great touch, worked brilliantly and log-on code provided with door key, makes a big difference than having to spend ten minutes registering and paying and logging in and out every-time you use it like some of the budget-chain hotels make you do.

Staff were professional and friendly, but not over-bearing which was nice. Didn't book for breakfast so unable to comment on that.

Was about a five minute walk from the nearest tube which I had no problems locating.

Overall, it was good value for a well-maintained, immaculately clean, reasonable sized and priced quality hotel.

Room Tip: Rear rooms may be quieter than street-facing ones
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed in this hotel October 24th thru 28th. Our room was lovely. We were on the first floor. Beautiful double room with massive window. We were in London for the NFL football game Jaguars vs. 49ers. Location was super for sightseeing. Very short walk to Bayswater tube. Hotel staff was excellent due to the fact that we had to go to the emergency room at the Hospital one night to check on a relative who had taken ill. The front desk clerk called a driver who arrived within 10 minutes and promptly took us to the hospital. We were very impressed with our stay here!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Miller6120
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for an weekend. Close to city center, underground, buses, parks.
Room was large enough but double bed was too small. Shower was separated with walls so there wasn't any air condition. Basically shower is in room just separated with wall. That was in the first floor room.
Breakfast was totally unpalatable. Just bread and jam and cereals. No cheese, ham or even egg!
And waitresses was so loud! They were talking and laughing in Polish or Slovakian whatever.....That was unacceptable. So if you have a chance to choose to book this hotel without a breakfast then do that. It's better to take a coffee in Starbucks and some sandwich not just plain bread with jam.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed here for one night meeting up with family. What came as a surprise (we obviously hadn't done our research), was that this is a self-catering hotel. Each room is provided with a fridge, kettle, mini hob etc. Although the accoutrements with which to cook/serve are somewhat lacking. There are no breakfast facilities, and no lounge.
However, the room was plenty big enough, and very clean. The bed was very comfortable & with no breakfast timings, it led to a very pleasant lie-in on the Sunday.
There are numerous shops within a 5 minute walk, including a large M&S Food, as well as a Waitrose, Tesco & Sainsburys, so it is very easy to stock up on breakfast items.
What proved very useful was the space at the rear of the hotel, where we were able to book our car. For £20 per night, it made driving into London a realistic proposition.
Would definitely book here again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I had an early start in London and travelled to London the night before so only needed a place to rest my head. I found the Hyde Park Boutique Hotel on laterooms and got a very reasonable deal. So cheap that I doubted the reviews. However, I am pleased to report that like other reviewers I have a spotlessly clean, newly refurbished room. Given that it is towards the "budget' end of hotels in London the bathroom has nice toiletries, free wifi and tea and coffee stuff.

The linens feel new and the beds also comfortable - quite firm but that's how I like it.

The hotel itself is less than 10 minutes from Queensway tube station and a short work from Bayswater Road and many bus routes. The areas is lively - lots of hotels and Greek and Turkish restaurants and snack bars. I've tried to book this for my next London trip and it's full - at this rate I'm not surprised. It will be the first place I try to book next time.

Room Tip: I booked a single but got allocated a triple. It is very large with a sofa, table and chair and sma...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed here for one night on 19 Nov 2013. Hotel is located about a 5-10 min walk from Queensway Underground station on the Central line, providing easy and quick access to centre of London. There are numerous bus routes near hotel also on Bayswater Road. I have a good knowledge of London and this hotel offers good value for money for its location. The hotel itself is clean and the staff helpful enough with a 24hr reception and a place to leave your luggage before check-in and after checking out. We were allocated a double room (pre booked online) on the 3rd floor. The room was very small but had everything we needed for our short stay, however road outside was a little noisy during the night as we overlooked the front of the hotel. Our friend had a single room on same floor overlooking rear of hotel and it was very quiet. There were tea/coffee making facilities and a decent shower but i noticed there was no safe to leave any valuables. Words of warning!....our room was accessed by three flights of steep stairs as the hotel does not have lifts. I would not recommend the 3rd/4th floors to anyone wishing to stay in this hotel for longer than a weekend, especially if you like having a few beers!. The hotel also had free wi-fi. I didn't opt for the breakfast so can't comment on the quality of the food but the breakfast room was on the ground floor with what looked like the usual continental offerings.

Room Tip: Get a room on 1st floor if possible. There are no lifts!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Graham C
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a hotel in the W2 area for myself and 10 colleagues on a budget.... I found this place after a lot of searching and was amazed at the value compared to other local hotels.
When we arrived, I wasn't disappointed. Spotlessly clean, friendly helpful staff, free wifi... absolutely perfect AND cheap.
(We didn't sample the breakfast as we fancied a fry up!)
The only downside was the lack of a lift, but I knew that when we booked, and it kept us fit! :-)
Spot on.... will definitely use this hotel again in the future.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business