“An excellent hotel for the price”

Hyde Park Boutique Hotel
Ranked #535 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Morpeth, United Kingdom
“An excellent hotel for the price”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I decided to travel to London for a weekend getaway, and stumbled upon this hotel whilst trying to book a hotel through LateRooms, It was great value, coming to £151 for Friday and Saturday night, which included a continental breakfast. Just as a note so as not to confuse anyone: the continental breakfast is £7.50/morning, which I paid for when I booked the hotel.

The hotel is situated in Bayswater, which is part of Westminster, on the corner of Hyde Park. It is on a very nice, relatively quiet street, with minimal traffic noise. Both Queensway and Bayswater tube stations are a 5 minute walk away, which is very handy for commuting into the more central parts of London for shopping etc. Whiteleys shopping centre is very close as well, which is situated in Queensway.

On arrival, the check-in went very smooth, and I had the key card to my room in no time. I had a double room on the 4th floor of the hotel, and it was very pleasant. The en-suite bathroom was very nice, and had a lovely shower. There was a flat screen tv inside the room, as well as tea and coffee making facilities, which is always a nice touch, especially as I drink both frequently! :)

There was a large open wardrobe with coat hangers and shelves for your clothing, and a masking desk with the aforementioned tea and coffee making facilities, phone and a desk light. There is free wi-fi available throughout the hotel, and at the time of writing this, this is exactly what I'm using ;)

The double bed was warm and comfortable, and I had a great nights sleep on both nights. The continental breakfast that was offered consisted of a range of cereals, pastries, toast with preserves, youghurts and fruit, tea and coffee. Very pleasant, and there was a wide screen tv on the wall in the breakfast area so you could watch the morning news.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Hyde Park Boutique hotel, and I would definitely stay here again, as it is well situated and is a great price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Chris8189

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed here one night, only £79 which I consider to be a good price for the location, close to Paddington. The hotel is in a very quiet area and we did not hear any traffic noise etc. The room (double on the fourth floor) was recently refurbished and clean with a small but nice bathroom with a good shower. There was a large sash window that we left open all night as it was a mild night; it probably gets pretty hot that high up if the weather is warm. Overall, a very good experience and I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Freshly renoveret hotel, friendly staff, not perfect but good cleaning level. We were 2 adult and a 6 year old boy. Good Big room, but situatet just under the reception. Do NOT book this room, the noise level will make you crasy. And the view from the window is not nice. Ask for rooms on higher floors.
The hotel offers breakfast to buy. We did not try this but the dinningroom is not the most inspiring one.

• Stayed August 2013
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night in August 2013. Nothing good nor bad about this property. Staff weren't overly inviting, location was close to metros Paddington and Bayswater, but getting Metros is very expensive, so walking anywhere from this property isn't ideal.

Room was very clean but smaller than expected, breakfast was very basic - continental or 'French' style. Bit rich to ask £7.50 for cereal and toast.

Internet didn't work.

Overall feel of this property is that it was quite stark and no real welcoming element to it at all, but for the price, you can't find too much else in London.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Joel I
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I booked three nights accommodation through booking.com for myself and my elderly grandfather. Upon arrival, it became obvious that the location was a bit far from the train station for my grandfather to walk to so we immediately gave notice that we would be moving hotels. Management at front desk told me their policy was to allow cancellations if 24 hours notice was given. On that basis I said I would cancel the final nights stay and the manager confirmed that was acceptable but that I would have to do this via the booking website, which i duly did. I subsequently received an email to say my cancellation was not accepted. When I queried this with the manager at check out, I was advised that notwithstanding that email, their policy did allow for cancellation if the requisite notice was provided and he would ensure that the issue was rectified. I agreed to pay the full three nights accommodation (though we only stayed two) on the basis that I was promised a refund for the final night and a follow up email from the hotel when that refund had been made. I have made several attempts to contact the hotel but have received no response.

The dishonest management practices of this hotel made this experience a very disappointing one. The hotel itself is fine. The rooms are clean, well appointed and roomy. However, based on the extremely poor and misleading service I received, I would not recommend this hotel. Management does not stand by their cancellation policies - be careful.

• Stayed July 2013
12 Thank 1981kiwis

Travelers are raving about these London hotels