“Good Quality Food, Reasonable Prices” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
London
“Good Quality Food, Reasonable Prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Have been to Hee's many times, the restaurant offers good quality Chinese at reasonable prices. Much better value than the Good Earth around the corner and you can usually get a table when you turn up.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

London, United Kingdom
“Consistently Marvelous Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Hee's has been in Mill Hill for something like 30 years. I was there at the opening party and have been going on and off ever since. I travelled a lot around S.E.Asia so I reckon I know a little about the various types of Chinese food. I also brought a party of Thais and Chinese there many years ago and they all reckoned the Chef was one of the best they had experienced. This is such a friendly restaurant, and not because my wife and I are regulars. You can see the way they treat all their guests. Of course you can get what we all call typical Brit-Chinese food, but when you really investigate the menu, there are real gems that make the visit worthwhile. If your taste runs to hot, I would suggest the Spicy Green Bean Noodle, which I haven't found on other menus. The Staff are there to help and advise if you're not familiar with the food on offer, and they will happily adjust it according to your taste. I happen to be diabetic so they know not to put MSG in my food. I do not recommend take-away, but not because of the standard of the food. I just would not recommend take-away from any Chinese or Indian restaurant because not only does it detract from the dining experience, but I am convinced the food loses its flavour as soon as it leaves the doors of the restaurant. It's just my thing. As well as the regular menu, there are seperate extensive Seafood and Vegetarian Menus. I love the vegetarian selections and my wife adores the scallops and green beans in garlic. More often than not, our bill is less than £40 for two which is incredible value when you compare it to The Good Earth nearby which i have reported on, where I found the food quite poor and over-expensive with very unfriendly staff. I would rate The Good Earth against the best that Chinatown has to offer and is far and away the best suburban Chinese restaurant I have eaten in. I would even say it beats many Hong Kong establishments. Taiwan is another matter because I would maintain you really find the very best Chinese cuisine of all types on the Island. Go and try Hee's and enjoy wonderful food with very friendly service. You will not regret it.

• Visited February 2013