“Absolutely fabulous in every way”
Review of The Five Fields

The Five Fields
Ranked #18 of 22,544 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, British, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Description: Chef Patron Taylor Bonnyman, working in collaboration with Head Chef Marguerite Keogh, offer elegant and playful modern British cooking with an emphasis on native British artisanal produce. Having worked in some of the finest kitchens in London, New York, and Paris the kitchen brings together its influences to create contemporary, seasonally focused, and ingredient led dishes. The food balances luxurious indulgence with delightfully fresh simplicity.
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fabulous in every way”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Dined here with the Taster Menus, accompanied by wines for each course. A real treat.

On arrival, greeted by the MD, who could not do enough for us, very personable and charming/interesting.

Food was wonderful - every course as good as the one before. Wines also very good, and just enough with each course so you didn't lose the ability to taste your food.

Service from all of the staff was very, very good.

All in all - a fabulous meal, and the chef even paid us a visit at the end of the night.

I think a MIchelin star is not too far away.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank RayRobertson
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Ray,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your fantastic review of your visit with us, and I'm so pleased you enjoyed your evening.

The tasting menu, currently at 10 courses, is full of some lovely seasonal dishes and the wine pairing offers a great taste of some unique and interesting wine regions.

I hope we have the pleasure to be able to welcome you back again very soon.

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco
“My favorite restaurant....ever!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

The food, of course, was excellent. Every single course brought oohs and aahs. The textures and tastes were perfection....right down to the dinner roll that I'm still dreaming about. The presentations were beautiful. The service was certainly attentive in a wonderfully understated way. The room is lovely. The atmosphere warm and welcoming.
I've enjoyed fabulous meals all over the world but never have I had a meal that compares to this.
I can't wait to return.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Wanderingwidow
Dear Wandering Widow,

Well... Thank you very much. What a delight to read, and a wonderful accolade to bestow upon us - favourite restaurant ever. Truly flattering.

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your evening with us, and we all look forward to welcoming you back again.

Minnetonka Beach, Minnesota
“Outstanding! One of the best in London and Europe!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We dined here with friends of ours. This restaurant had received numerous accolades and it was great. The setting, the food, the service and the ambiance was excellent. We have dined at many nice restaurants within the US and Europe and this restaurant would rank very high. We will be back next time we are in London.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank VRJL
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear VRJL,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review, and I'm so pleased to hear you and your guests enjoyed your evening with us so much.

Excellent food, service and ambience - what more can we hope to deliver.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Watford
“Our favourite restaurant”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

My fiancée and I discovered Five Fields late last year, and it's quickly become our favourite restaurant.

The food is amazing, the service excellent, and the atmosphere unpretentious.

That alone makes this restaurant great, but for me the personal touches are what makes it stand above the crowd. For instance, we commented to the maître d' that we had always sat at the same table (not a gripe, just a passing comment). When we returned four months later he had clearly remembered the conversation, and offered to seat us at a different table. Small touches like this really make Five Fields what it is.

I can't recommend Five Fields enough. I just hope it doesn't become too popular, as it will be difficult to get a table!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Jamstern
Dear James,

Thank you very much for your review, and what a compliment to be considered your favourite restaurant.

In the brief time we've been opened, we've had the privilege to build up some great regular guests. Although I can't claim to remember everyone, it's made much easier with guests who are as engaging as you and your fiancée and who are as interested food and wine as we are.

Looking forward to your next visit with us.

Orange County, California
“One of the best Meals Ive ever had”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

My wife and I stumbled upon this gem after looking up the reviews on TripAdvisor. As the number 1 rated restaurant on TA, I had a feeling this was going to be a solidly good restaurant. I was wrong. This was an experience.

We walked in without a reservation and were told that there were no available tables. Matthew, the general manager, told us to try in about 30 minutes and see if there was a table available then. When we called back, he told us that there was a table. We had a backup plan, but I always like to try and go for the best on TA. Thank god for that.

As soon as you enter, you notice the beautiful decor. The staff are all very professional and don't hover over you, as you would expect in any exceptional restaurant. We went for the 3 course meal, and ended up having more food than we could stuff in our mouths.

I started out with the sweetbreads and my wife had the crab. The plates came out with various things all over them. Aside from what I mentioned above, I could tell you what else was on the plates. All I can tell you is that every bite was incredible/amazing/exceptional/memorable (take your pick). When you had the food in different combinations, the flavors changed in a way that made it seem as though you were having an entirely different dish.

The main course I had was the Pigeon and my wife had the monk fish. After such an exquisite starter, we almost expected the main course to be good, but not as mind blowing as the starter. We were wrong. Every bite was mouth watering and made us think we had gone to heaven (culinary heaven, that is).

For dessert, my wife had the apricot tart and I just told our server to surprise me. I has a cucumber and dill and meringue dish. Hers was special. Mine was art. This was the most beautiful, creative, and truly exquisite dessert I have ever had.

At the end of the meal, the only thing I could say is that I was truly speechless. This meal was as good as Le Bernardin of Le Manoir, which have 3 and 2 Michelin stars, respectively. I found out that the restaurant has not had enough reviews to have been rated in the Michelin guide, but when the new guide comes out, expect this to have at least one (but probably 2) Michelin stars.

To Matthew, the entire staff, and the chefs at The Five Fields, I just want to thank you for tonight. This was a memorable meal that I cant wait to have again. My wife and I come out from California a couple times a year, and whenever we do, we will DEFINITELY eat here as often as we can.

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Guy H
Dear Guy,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, and It was a pleasure to have you and your wife join us for dinner on Wednesday. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your evening with us, and that we were able to accommodate you.

Your starter of Sweetbreads is fantastic at this time of year, with charred sweetcorn, pickled watermelon and green tomato - lovely summer flavours.

It was a pleasure to chat with you both, and I hope that we can welcome you back after your travels, and before you return to California.