“Awesome.”

The Five Fields
Ranked #15 of 22,376 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, British, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Description: Chef Patron Taylor Bonnyman, working in collaboration with Head Chef Marguerite Keogh, offer elegant and playful modern British cooking with an emphasis on native British artisanal produce. Having worked in some of the finest kitchens in London, New York, and Paris the kitchen brings together its influences to create contemporary, seasonally focused, and ingredient led dishes. The food balances luxurious indulgence with delightfully fresh simplicity.
“Awesome.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Fantastic cuisine. Great service.
The Scallop starter is a must, even if you don't like them just so you can tell people you've tried it!
Book in advance.
The only thing I would say as I have to be fair, is you may not feel extremely full if you're a big eater and the decor may need adjusting.
Atmosphere is great though.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Sam D
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Sam D,

Thank you very much for sharing your review, and it's great to know you enjoyed your evening with us.

I'm pleased you enjoyed the Scallops - it is indeed a great dish, though I'm not sure I'd recommend it to those who don't like scallops. Fortunately the other dishes are just as strong.

I'm sorry if you went away slightly unsatiated - certainly not a comment we get often. There are a lot of accoutrements to the meal- several canapes, amuse bouche, our wonderful selection of bread, to fill any "gaps" ordinarily.

I hope that we can welcome you back again soon; perhaps for our 11-course tasting menu which is quite difficult to go away from hungry!

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent, worth it. One of the best in England”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

It was great, legendary food. The service is good, the food great, the place good. I really love it. Worth wasting here.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank EdwardReviews
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear EdwardReviews,

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your evening with us. "Legendary" food is certainly a wonderful compliment, and I'm glad that you enjoyed the whole experience.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic food , with full flavours to match and the scallops were just the right temperature , ie hot,

Service just a but too overkill , and the decor needs bringing up time date.

Toilets should be attended to more frequently, but overall very nice dining.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Mark D
Dear Mark D,

I'm so pleased to know you enjoyed your evening with us. The starter of Orkney scallops with pistachio and cauliflower is a wonderful dish full of different textures and flavours, so I'm really glad you found them to your liking.

I must apologise if you found the service too much for your liking though. We have a young passionate team full of enthusiasm for everything we do and absolutely love sharing the excitement with our guests.

The décor is elegant and understated, but understandably not to everyone's tastes.

I do very much hope that we are able to welcome you back again soon.

London
“Not for the chop-house eater”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

That is: Wonderful, of its kind. Each individual element delicious, beautifully presented, exquisitely arranged. Smears and dabs; foams and mosses; whimsical. Or -- Food as a ransom note: Every garnish a different letter, every letter a different font (mind you, each on its own perfect). The antidote to twelve-point justified-margins Times New Roman roast dinners.

However, while content like PAY OR DIE immediately vaults the reader's attention beyond details of typography ("Ooh! Is that Baskerville? I haven't seen Baskerville in years!"), with a meal like yesterday evening's those at table are at risk of cuisine-induced attention deficit disorder -- and must truly work to grasp the chef's theme, work harder, certainly, than when presented with meat-and-two-veg. An odd sensation, looking at a clean plate and wondering -- Were we worthy of that dish? Did we appreciate it properly, did we achieve the intended synthesis? One feels so coarse-fibred.

The wine list offers lovely things. We passed up a Charles Joguet in favour of a Moric and were well pleased; bottles from the Burgenland are unusual in Britain, and that the restaurant's buyers range so far east impresses me.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Koermendi
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Koermendi,

Thank you very much for your wonderful and (as a fan of stream of consciousness writing)entertaining review of your evening with us.

It sounds as though you and your guest had a delightful evening.

Our Sommelier, Nicolas, has put together a fantastic list filled with some real interesting gems - including the Moric you enjoyed so much.

I hope we're able to welcome you back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
“Attention to every last detail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

I live a stones throw from this restaurant and I pass by it every day. My husband and I watched as it was constructed and we liked the look of the place. When my husband made the reservation, I went in with mediocre expectations. It seems as though so much in our Chelsea neighborhood is slightly better than average with a high price tag. It was a wonderful surprise to be impressed by the food, the setting, and the service. We went with friends and all four of us were delighted by the experience. The room was definitely fancier than I had originally expected, but the service was on point and not stuffy. The beauty of the presentation was not outdone by the taste. Dare I say I actually enjoyed my food better than the Fat Duck?! At the end of the meal we went upstairs to have a drink in a quiet library setting. Very impressive!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank purposeandtravel
Dear Purposeandtravel,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review, and I'm very pleased that you and your guests enjoyed your evening with us.

I'm also very glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised. Our intention is to be, first and foremost, a neighbourhood restaurant - though a world class neighbourhood restaurant worthy of such a wonderful part of London.

The lounge upstairs really is a great asset, so I'm glad you were able to enjoy a nightcap to round off your evening.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.