“Fantastic”

Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Description: Chef Patron Taylor Bonnyman, working in collaboration with Head Chef Marguerite Keogh, offer elegant and playful modern British cooking with an emphasis on native British artisanal produce. Having worked in some of the finest kitchens in London, New York, and Paris the kitchen brings together its influences to create contemporary, seasonally focused, and ingredient led dishes. The food balances luxurious indulgence with delightfully fresh simplicity.
Staffordshire
“Fantastic”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We visited this restaurant for my husband's birthday- it was a fabulous evening. Drinks: the cocktails were immense, as was the sommelier & the wine pairings. Food: After some thought we decided to go for the taster menu since we were reading some of the dishes thinking they were quite a daring choice eg the artichoke/ chocolate/ celery dish & we may not be brave enough. Not one course was disappointing, a couple left us speechless including the artichoke / chocolate / celery dish & the final pudding. The bread was amazing.
All the staff were friendly & very relaxed offering however much chat/ information you seemed to want. Selfishly it would be good to keep this a secret but they really do deserve the credit.
Just one tiny thing- the chairs are beautiful but they're quite slippery- we found we either had to lean on the table or slide down-not easy with all that wine.....

2 Thank Elizabeth K
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Elizabeth K,

Thank you so much for your review, and I'm very pleased you and your husband had a nice evening with us.

The tasting menu is full of surprises, so I'm really pleased you everything. I'll be sure to pass on your particular comments to Chris, our pastry Chef, who will be delighted you enjoyed both the desserts and his homemade bread.

The menus are always evolving and changing with the season, so I hope we can welcome you back again with some more surprises very soon.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“A journey of delight”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

The team at the five fields have created the perfect place to really enjoy a food and wine lovers experience. From the inventive minds of the kitchen through to the sommelier's wine pairings and the excellent, intuitive, engaging front of house staff you are sure to be taken on a journey of pure foodie delight.
I ate their just before Christmas 2013. I am lucky to be returning for my birthday this evening 26/01/14. It is something I have been looking forward from the moment I left. The most amazing thing is the VFM for a place offering this quality of food and service. Ooooo, I am excited.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank SmartyMcFly
Dear SmartyMcFly,

It was an absolute pleasure to have you and your guest join us back in December, and an utter delight to have been able to have you back again last week to celebrate your birthday.

I'm so pleased we were able to make your birthday memorable. I will certainly pass on your compliments to the entire team and I really do look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“1st class food with the service to match”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The food is simply outstanding. My partner and I chose different courses and almost could not fault any dish on presentation or flavour, and we're very hard to please. In fact both aspects far exceeded our expectations, the dishes looked wonderful and tasted just as good. This is 2 Michelin Star food. Stand out dishes were the unusual "Rock Pool", the Deer and the Chocolate Tart which had the crispest pastry I've ever eaten. It's very rare for me to go to a restaurant where I can literally pick any dish. It was a very tough choice so I guess we'll be back soon. The Sourdough Bread and the Mushroom Soup were by far the 2 best "addons" (and by my count there were 8 different canapes, palette cleansers etc).

Minor down points were that the Rock Pool was served without a small spoon so the cucumber jelly and lobster bisque were impossible to finish. Also the sweetbreads were served in a high bowl so my elbows were almost up to my ears.

The most surprising thing for me was the atmosphere. We were the first ones to arrive and I was surprised at how stuffy it was. I couldn't have been more wrong! The front of house were incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. They really did want to talk about the food and were really enthusiastic. Not in that annoying American style, it seemed really natural and makes you feel really comfortable. In fact I'd have to say that we had the best service I've had in any restaurant and we eat out a lot. The 2 tables either side of us made alterations to their dishes and the waiters happily obliged. Silly point, but for me it's important, the chairs were really comfortable.

£45 for 3 courses plus all the extras seemed really good value considering who they're competing with in London.

The evening was topped off by my partner being very excited by the fact that she was sitting next to Pierce Brosnan.

2 Thank harewoodhound
Dear Harewoodhound,

Thank you for your wonderful review, it was a delight to read. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your evening with us.

The entire team is so proud and passionate about everything we do, and our intention has always been to provide the food and service that we, ourselves, would want to enjoy, so I'm very glad that you found everything to your liking.

Thank you, too, for your comments on the "Rock Pool" and the Sweetbread dishes. We'll be reviewing how they are served to make it easier to enjoy them in their entirety.

I do hope that we can welcome you back very soon.

London, United Kingdom
“My new favorite restaurant in London”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We went for my wife's birthday, and were absolutely delighted by the experience. Not only were they ready with a few birthday surprises, but the meal was beyond reproach. The foie gras was quite possibly the most delicious thing I've ever tasted.

Despite not seeing on their webpage the presence of a vegetarian tasting menu, they did provide that to my wife, and it was great.

Finally, the wait staff in general needs a call out, as they were very personable and friendly, not the typical non-approachable posh attitude you get at many restaurants of this caliber.

2 Thank Kyle L
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Kyle L,

Thank you so much for your review, and what a pleasure it was to read.

I'm so pleased you and your wife enjoyed your evening with us, and that we were able to help you both celebrate her birthday.

The Foie Gras, which is currently being served with Kumquat, Quince and Spiced Rum, has fast become a signature dish and one of my favourite courses off of the tasting menu. I'm very glad to hear, too, that your Wife enjoyed the vegetarian options on the Tasting Menu.

Our intention is to always offer a warm, sincere and professional service, so it is great to know that you found it so.

I hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing NYE Dinner”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My husband and I and our son and his girlfriend were lucky enough to have dinner at Five Fields on New Year's eve. We originally missed out on getting a booking but were on a wait list and were thrilled to be offered a table a few days before, we were so pleased as we are from Australia so do not know when we will next be in London.
I wanted to go to this restaurant based on it's reviews on Trip Advisor, we were not disappointed, it was a fabulous night with an amazing meal. It was not a cheap night out but it was a special celebration.
It was a set menu every one of the 11 courses was exceptional, imaginative and so unusual we just loved it. We didn't have the matching wines but chose a couple of bottle of wines instead which we selected with the help of the sommelier, they were delicious.
The restaurant has a quiet and elegant ambience and lovely decor which was just what we wanted.
A most memorable New years Eve.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Winelover55
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Winelover55,

Thank you so much for your delightful review and thank you, too, for joining us for the New Year's Eve celebrations.

It was a great night, with a wonderful atmosphere, so I'm pleased you enjoyed the evening as much as we did.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to return to London soon, and that we can have the pleasure of welcoming you again.