“Amazing NYE Dinner”

Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Description: Chef Patron Taylor Bonnyman, working in collaboration with Head Chef Marguerite Keogh, offer elegant and playful modern British cooking with an emphasis on native British artisanal produce. Having worked in some of the finest kitchens in London, New York, and Paris the kitchen brings together its influences to create contemporary, seasonally focused, and ingredient led dishes. The food balances luxurious indulgence with delightfully fresh simplicity.
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My husband and I and our son and his girlfriend were lucky enough to have dinner at Five Fields on New Year's eve. We originally missed out on getting a booking but were on a wait list and were thrilled to be offered a table a few days before, we were so pleased as we are from Australia so do not know when we will next be in London.
I wanted to go to this restaurant based on it's reviews on Trip Advisor, we were not disappointed, it was a fabulous night with an amazing meal. It was not a cheap night out but it was a special celebration.
It was a set menu every one of the 11 courses was exceptional, imaginative and so unusual we just loved it. We didn't have the matching wines but chose a couple of bottle of wines instead which we selected with the help of the sommelier, they were delicious.
The restaurant has a quiet and elegant ambience and lovely decor which was just what we wanted.
A most memorable New years Eve.

2  Thank Winelover55
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Dear Winelover55,

Thank you so much for your delightful review and thank you, too, for joining us for the New Year's Eve celebrations.

It was a great night, with a wonderful atmosphere, so I'm pleased you enjoyed the evening as much as we did.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to return to London soon, and that we can have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Matthew

Write a ReviewReviews (1,131)

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Small group, wonderful atmosphere. Excellent dining experience. Staff was very nice while the food was truly amazing

3  Thank Harald E

Dear Harald E,

Thank you so much for your very flattering and concise review.

Wonderful, Excellent and truly Amazing are some of my favourite adjectives! I'm so pleased you enjoyed it.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Absolutely wonderful. I went here with my husband for his birthday. Staff friendly and attentive and great service with fantastic food ... Perfect

2  Thank Sarah S

Dear Sarah S,

Thank you so very much for your review, and for celebrating your Husband's birthday with us. I do always think it a great compliment when guests choose to mark such special occasions with us, so I'm very pleased we were able to make it a memorable evening.

I hope we are able to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I and my friends - total party of 4 had a lovely evening here (they don't stop talking about it!). Loved the decor, very fresh with a modern touch. Food was excellent, staff very knowledgable and definitely worth a visit.

4  Thank donmat1964

Dear donmat1964,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm very pleased to know that you enjoyed yourselves so much - and that we are still a topic of conversation!

I do hope that we are able to welcome you and your friends in again soon for another memorable evening.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

After being blown away by our first dining experience at Five Fields in October 13 my partner reserved a table for NYE and we were not disappointed. The 10 course wine tasting menu was exquisitely presented, the food was heavenly with the Five Fields twist and the wine was perfecty paired.

The excellent food is matched equally by the service. Staff have mastered being professional, attentive and personable which makes for a truly wonderful experience. As a previous reviewer states this restaurant warrants a Michelin star.

Thank you Five Fields for a truly memorable NYE. We were honored to celebrate the resturants first NYE since opening.

Wishing you all a successful 2014.

4  Thank S H
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear S H,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, and more so for joining us on our very first New Year's Eve.

It was a great evening and an absolute delight to work on the night, so I'm very pleased you enjoyed it as much as we did.

To be hailed as the best two meals of the entire year is an absolute joy to hear, so thank you for the huge compliment.

I hope that will see you again very soon when the challenge of best meal of 2014 will be taken up!