“Impeccable service” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Five Fields
Ranked #12 of 22,202 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, British, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Description: Chef Patron Taylor Bonnyman, working in collaboration with Head Chef Marguerite Keogh, offer elegant and playful modern British cooking with an emphasis on native British artisanal produce. Having worked in some of the finest kitchens in London, New York, and Paris the kitchen brings together its influences to create contemporary, seasonally focused, and ingredient led dishes. The food balances luxurious indulgence with delightfully fresh simplicity.
Singapore, Singapore
“Impeccable service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Went there to celebrate my fiance's birthday.
Had the tasting menu with wine pairings - 115 GBP
Extremely generous with the wine and the service was fabulous.
Some hits and misses with the food. Hence the 4 stars.

2 Thank bren-da2311
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Bren-da2311,

Thank you for your review and for the compliment on the service in particular.

I'm pleased we were able to help you to celebrate your fiance's birthday and that you enjoyed the pairings to the menu, though a shame we weren't able to provide the 5* food which we always strive to do.

The menu is constantly evolving so I hope that we are able to welcome you again soon and hopefully achieve the much coveted rating of Excellent.

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Cant Wait to Return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

What a perfect end to a perfect day, shopping in Chelsea followed by dinner @ The Five Fields.
A lovely contemporary restaurant with an imaginative well thought though menu & wine list to match.

Food was divine, beautifully presented, served by warm & attentive staff. Extensive wine list which our waiter insisted we sample :). We left a little merry (were blaming the waiter) & very contented
Thank you Five Fields for a truly wonderful evening. ...best wishes for 2014 you deserve it!.

4 Thank Andrea A
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Andrea A,

That does indeed sound like a wonderful day - though I'd be content to forget about the shopping myself!

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your evening with us, and when can one not feel guilty about a very merry evening if not in December?

Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful review and I do hope that we are able to welcome you in again very soon.

Very happy new year to you from myself and all the team and my very best regards,

London, United Kingdom
“Another superb meal, still cracking value.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We visited the Five Fields for a second time over the Christmas break. This was their first lunch service and we were not disappointed.

The food was exemplary as was the service. The staff were very attentive and certainly did everything they could to make sure we had a wonderful experience.

This restaurant, in my opinion certainly warrants a Michelin star. My two visits were certainly the best two meals I had in London during 2013.

I am sure they will go from strength to strength in 2014.

7 Thank Yorkie1972
Dear Yorkie1972,

It was a pleasure to have you in again, and your three guests, and wow - what a compliment to have been your best two meals of the year!

As you said, it was our very first lunch service and I'm really pleased that the experience translated well. Certainly something to look at doing more regularly in the future.

I remember that your first visit was very early in our journey, so it was great to get your feedback on how the menu and everything has evolved in our first 7 months.

Happy new year from myself all the team and my very best regards,

“Sumptuous Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We ate here to celebrate our wedding aniversary in Oct 2013. It was a sumptuous dining experience. The food was absolutely stunning - beautifully and innovatively presented and cooked to perfection. Service levels were immaculate and friendly without being stuffily too formal. Certainly worth trying and would not hesitate to return

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank Emirates57
Dear Emirates57,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and I'm so pleased that we were able to help you celebrate your anniversary. It's wonderful when we get the chance to help make a special occasion all the more memorable.

We always aim to give exactly what you describe, so I'm so really pleased we were able to hit the mark on your evening with us.

I very much hope that we can welcome you in again very soon.

“"A PURE TREAT"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Amazing food in the five fields. A fabulous dining experience. Highly recommend it to anyone for a special occasion. The staff are really friendly & explain every dish extremely well, I truly enjoyed every bite. Thank you the five fields...

5 Thank jonh k
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Jonh K,

What wonderful comments to read. I am so pleased to know you enjoyed your evening with us.

Special occasions do indeed warrant special meals and every bite should be enjoyed- so how fantastic to hear that we've hit the mark so well for you.

I very much hope that we're able to welcome you back again very soon.