“Another superb meal, still cracking value.”
Review of The Five Fields

The Five Fields
Ranked #19 of 22,675 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Description: Chef Patron Taylor Bonnyman, working in collaboration with Head Chef Marguerite Keogh, offer elegant and playful modern British cooking with an emphasis on native British artisanal produce. Having worked in some of the finest kitchens in London, New York, and Paris the kitchen brings together its influences to create contemporary, seasonally focused, and ingredient led dishes. The food balances luxurious indulgence with delightfully fresh simplicity.
London, United Kingdom
“Another superb meal, still cracking value.”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We visited the Five Fields for a second time over the Christmas break. This was their first lunch service and we were not disappointed.

The food was exemplary as was the service. The staff were very attentive and certainly did everything they could to make sure we had a wonderful experience.

This restaurant, in my opinion certainly warrants a Michelin star. My two visits were certainly the best two meals I had in London during 2013.

I am sure they will go from strength to strength in 2014.

7 Thank Yorkie1972
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Yorkie1972,

It was a pleasure to have you in again, and your three guests, and wow - what a compliment to have been your best two meals of the year!

As you said, it was our very first lunch service and I'm really pleased that the experience translated well. Certainly something to look at doing more regularly in the future.

I remember that your first visit was very early in our journey, so it was great to get your feedback on how the menu and everything has evolved in our first 7 months.

Happy new year from myself all the team and my very best regards,

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Sumptuous Dining”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We ate here to celebrate our wedding aniversary in Oct 2013. It was a sumptuous dining experience. The food was absolutely stunning - beautifully and innovatively presented and cooked to perfection. Service levels were immaculate and friendly without being stuffily too formal. Certainly worth trying and would not hesitate to return

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank Emirates57
Dear Emirates57,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and I'm so pleased that we were able to help you celebrate your anniversary. It's wonderful when we get the chance to help make a special occasion all the more memorable.

We always aim to give exactly what you describe, so I'm so really pleased we were able to hit the mark on your evening with us.

I very much hope that we can welcome you in again very soon.

“"A PURE TREAT"”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Amazing food in the five fields. A fabulous dining experience. Highly recommend it to anyone for a special occasion. The staff are really friendly & explain every dish extremely well, I truly enjoyed every bite. Thank you the five fields...

5 Thank jonh k
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Jonh K,

What wonderful comments to read. I am so pleased to know you enjoyed your evening with us.

Special occasions do indeed warrant special meals and every bite should be enjoyed- so how fantastic to hear that we've hit the mark so well for you.

I very much hope that we're able to welcome you back again very soon.

Twickenham
“Being Fair, I Hope”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I tried to leave a review on TopTable as I booked through them but had the word 'Dead' in it and it appears to be inappropriate so hope that this gets accepted. Dead is not a good start as the restaurant was certainly not dead and for a small venue, really smart and atmospheric. We were a group of 3 and had a real mixed opinion after all the hype. The first thing is that the team are amazing, professional and warm. We went for the tasting menu and wine pairings with the added cheese and dessert wine course so hoped to have the true Five Fields experience. Real hit and miss on the food. The upside is that the wines were generous, the extras very welcome and some of the dishes really good but predictable (fois gras being an example). Others, and here's where the 'dead' comes in, really odd in both taste and texture - I just didn't get the Dead Garden and struggled with a couple of other dishes. We had high hopes but felt a bit let down although the staff and grazing for 3 hours always makes for a good evening. Will I be back...possibly due to the aforementioned team and generousity but not rushing.

4 Thank TravellingPearnz
Dear TravellingPearnz,

It's wonderful to know that you enjoyed both the wine and service and much of the food, though it is a shame you didn't get the 'Dead Garden.'

We have the pleasure of our own herb and vegetable garden which, the majority of the year, offers us a wonderful bounty of produce and features in a signature dish for each season. Winter poses obvious challenges, so the dish has evolved into what you had- Jerusalem Artichoke, Girolles, Trompettes, Carrots, Crones and Truffles in various guises, which is an expression of the season and of what can be found below what often seems like a "dead" or dormant garden.

The menu is always changing though, so I hope that we are able to welcome you back again.

London, United Kingdom
“Utterly unforgettable and fabulous for veggies!”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

This was my birthday surprise and WOW what a wonderful evening from beginning to end!
The restaurant is elegant, understated and intimate; the service attentive but not intrusive, and the food...wow, the food!
My husband is a vegetarian and usually on my birthday we go somewhere that he knows I would like and he just takes the obligatory veggie option, whatever it might be, but at the Five Fields they have both a 'normal' and vegetarian tasting menu...and no, it wasn't just the garnish off the normal menu (well, it was for one of the courses but he was so stuffed by that point he didn't care!).
By the time we'd had canapes, an amuse bouche and a tiny soup (the smoked cheese veggie one was a particular highlight) it was time to start on the tasting menu which consisted of a further 10 dishes (I think normally it's 9 but I got an extra pudding as it was my birthday!). For me that meant scallops, langoustine, a choice of lamb or pheasant, foie gras and a whole host of other small but perfectly formed delicious dishes that blew my mind and my taste buds away. My husband was completely transported with his dishes and I've never seen him enjoy a meal so thoroughly. The highlight for me was the foie gras with roquefort and for him was the cauliflower 3 ways, or was it 4 ways?
The desserts were probably lovely but I was so full up by then that I was struggling to even pick up the spoon! That said, there was a stand-out which was a pea, coconut and chocolate concoction. Eaten separately each element was a bit too much but eaten all together it was a revelation.
We just couldn't manage the petit fours so they kindly packaged them up in little retro sweetie bags and we took them home with the intention of giving them to the children. Predictably that never happened - oops!
So to sum up, if you're the sort of person who doesn't like to experiment with tastes, textures and flavours then the tasting menu might not be for you and you're probably better off sticking with the main menu. Either way, you're not going to be disappointed.

2 Thank Lolapalooza
Dear Lolapalooza,

I'm so pleased you and you husband enjoyed celebrating your birthday with us and how especially wonderful to hear how much he enjoyed his vegetarian menu.

The Cauliflower (served 4 ways) is a truly delicious dish, as is the Foie Gras with Roquefort, Pecans and Muscat Grapes- so I'm very glad they were a highlight for you both.

I suspect you're not alone in your indulgence of the petit fours, I'd be surprised if half of the ones taken away made it as far as the next day!

I hope we're able to welcome you back again very soon indeed.