“Yummy”

The Five Fields
Ranked #18 of 22,544 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, British, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Description: Chef Patron Taylor Bonnyman, working in collaboration with Head Chef Marguerite Keogh, offer elegant and playful modern British cooking with an emphasis on native British artisanal produce. Having worked in some of the finest kitchens in London, New York, and Paris the kitchen brings together its influences to create contemporary, seasonally focused, and ingredient led dishes. The food balances luxurious indulgence with delightfully fresh simplicity.
Mount Vernon, Oregon
“Yummy”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

It was a great experience for us all. We had a lovely time at the Five Fields restaurant. The food, the staff, drinks and the service were fascinating and superb.

• Visited October 2013
6 Thank Curtis B
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Curtis B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review.

What else can be said! "Food, staff, drinks and service both fascinating and superb..." Wonderful and concise. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your evening, and I hope that we may be able to welcome you back on your next trip to the UK.

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Ghent, Belgium
“Understated Elegance”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

For us, a great restaurant is about more than the food: It's about attitude, service, comfort and much more. From the moment we walked into Five Fields, we felt at home. A lovely flute of the House Champagne (delicious) was brought to our table. We had the set menu which at £45 is very good value with lovely, well crafted dishes. The only remark I would make is that there are so many delicious different flavours on the plate that I would concentrate on one or two in larger quantities so we could really savour the expertise of the chef rather than small, tantalising bites of many tastes.
We splurged on a great bottle of wine, recommended by the French sommelier which did not disappoint. Staff were young, attentive, willing and polite.
A lovely evening in a beautifully stylish, understated setting with great acoustics so that you could have a good private conversation.
We wish a long and happy life to this lovely restaurant and will be returning often.

6 Thank Mac1997
Dear Mac1997,

It was our pleasure to have you dine with us, and thank you very much for taking the time to leave such wonderful feedback.

It is a great compliment to have a Master of Wine, such as yourself, enjoy their wine, so I'm very pleased you enjoyed Nicolas' recommendations, and I will be sure to pass on your review to both him and to the entire team.

I do hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Cabris, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
“A great restaurant”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We read the reviews on trip advisor. This restaurant came up number one. We had to try it. It is certainly very good and up there with the very very best. Most probably the best restaurant we have been to recently. Food great, rich and full of flavours, service excellent with some great little additional appetisers between courses. Decoration nice, atmosphere friendly, a great place to go for a special occasion or to entertain friends. Smartish dress. Perfect, you will not be disappointed! Tip, if you book by phone you get the better time slots that are not on the internet booking system! My wife us a Vegan, they sorted her an excellent menu. This time, and as a trial, and first time, the booking was for just me and my wife. Next time we will take friends.

10 Thank Neil C
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Neil C,

It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife and have you dine with us, and I'm so pleased you both enjoyed your evening.

I passed your comments to the kitchen that evening, and they were very glad to know that your wife enjoyed her vegan menu.

I look forward to being able to welcome you in again soon.

london
“perfect”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

without doubt the best meal this year.from the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome in this small but perfectly formed restaurant.each member of staff was courteous and knowledgeable.the amuse-bouches were only a taste of what was to come.the starters were as good as they looked and the mains ,in particular,the venison were as good as we have eaten anywhere.for the quality the price was fairly modest.we will be returning regularly.

3 Thank simon m
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Simon M,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your evening with us and indeed "best meal of the year" is quite an accolade.

The venison dish is fairly new and I feel it's a wonderful expression of Autumn, so I'm particularly pleased to hear you enjoyed it so much.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in again very soon.

Long Beach, California
“Exquisite”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Arrived at 18:30 for our reservation (myself and two London friends), which I thought a bit early but was the only time available. We decided on the tasting menu with wine pairings and, during the meal, added a cheese course. Preparation and presentation of each course was marvellous. Unusual taste combinations are provided but each worked quite well together. The wine choices were perfect accompaniments and each was uniquely complementary to the course being served. Service was perfect -- always there when appropriate but never hovering or obtrusive. Atmosphere established by the serving staff was one of relaxed elegance. They did everything in the way it should be done while avoiding the stuffiness sometimes seen in higher end restaurants. Smart casual is the dress standard, so a tie is not required of gentlemen. The dining room seats only 40 but there is a charming, small private dining room upstairs with wood paneling and a fireplace. We departed at half-past midnight, not realizing until leaving that we had just spent 6 delightful hours enjoying a memorable, truly fine dining experience.

• Visited October 2013
7 Thank Trotwood
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Trotwood,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us, and I'm so pleased you and your guests enjoyed your evening (a rather extended evening by the sounds of it!).

Thank you, too, for introducing your guests to us whom, if I remember correctly, live quite locally. I hope that we can welcome you all again on your next visit.