“Excellent place”

Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Description: Chef Patron Taylor Bonnyman, working in collaboration with Head Chef Marguerite Keogh, offer elegant and playful modern British cooking with an emphasis on native British artisanal produce. Having worked in some of the finest kitchens in London, New York, and Paris the kitchen brings together its influences to create contemporary, seasonally focused, and ingredient led dishes. The food balances luxurious indulgence with delightfully fresh simplicity.
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I went here to celibrate our anniversary with my boyfriend on the 30th of October. We were warmly welcomed bij the staff. We decided to go for the tasting menu with wine pairing. The food was fantastic with exceptional flavors, so was the wine. The bill was quite pricy (270 pound), but at the end I think it was wort hit.

4  Thank edenank
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Dear Edenank,

Thank you so much for choosing to celebrate your anniversary with us, your third anniversary if I remember correctly? Thank you, also, for taking the time let us know that you both enjoyed it so much.

There are newer reviews for The Five Fields

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We went for my birthday on the 19th of October, we had an amazing welcoming from the beginning from all the staff with a lovely detail on the top of our menu's wishing me a happy birthday . We decided to go for the tasting menu, food was superb the only slightly disappointing thing is that the portions were very small but flavors were exceptional. We had a very clear explanation in the food and the wine, amazing experience with a very attentive staff. See you very soon !!

2  Thank ingridmoribe
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Ingridmoribe,

Thank for taking the time to leave your review, and thank you for celebrating your birthday with us.

I'm so happy that we could make it an amazing night for you and your guests, it is always a pleasure.

The tasting menu is currently nine courses, plus many canapes, so we are conscious to make sure that even the last dessert course is able to be enjoyed (and Chris, our Pastry Chef's wonderful petit fours!)

We all look forward to welcoming you in again very soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Great experience all around. Visited with the girlfriend for a special occasion and was worth it. Great service from the moment we set a foot in the place. Chose the tasting menu with matching wines. Experimental in some dishes but all falls into its place. Wine selection to assist the food spot on. A lot of wine served as well so we were both a bit tipsy by the end. Highly recommend for couples, group of friends looking to share a special dinner and definitely to food lovers looking for a different taste combination

1  Thank Musfette

Dear Musfette,

Thank you very much for your review, and I'm very pleased to know that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your evening with us.

It is always a great compliment when guests choose to celebrate their special occasions with us, so I'm glad we could help make it memorable.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Having just returned from a business trip today in Carlisle, I decided to visit the five fields with my girlfriend. I had booked in advance, the service was fantastic and food was stunning. Great new restaurant that can't be faulted.

TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Roger W,

Thank you very much for your review and for your wonderful comments. I'm very pleased you and your girlfriend enjoyed your evening.

I'll be sure to pass your compliments on to the entire team, and we look forward to welcoming you in again in the near future.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Pricy but worth it. Excellent wait staff. Do the tasting menu and try one of their cocktails. The waiters talked to us about the history of the restaurant and even advised us on bus schedules. Dinner for 2 with lots of drinks was just about $400 American but worth every penny.

3  Thank mjpchicago
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear mjpchicago,

Thank you so much for taking time to leave your review, and what a compliment to be paid.

It was a pleasure to have met you and to have you and your partner dine with us, and I'm very glad you enjoyed your dinner as well as your cocktails - I believe it was the Alamagoozlums that you enjoyed so much?

I hope you enjoyed your trip to York, and when you next make it to the UK, I hope that we can welcome you in again.