“Outstanding!!”

Ametsa with Arzak Instruction
Ranked #94 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Description: Ametsa, awarded its first Michelin star in September 2013, is a unique collaboration between The Halkin and a team that includes chef Elena Arzak- voted Veuve Clicquot World's Best Female Chef earlier this year - along with her father Juan Mari Arzak, Mikel Sorazu, Igor Zalakain and Xabier Gutierrez. Father and daughter hold three Michelin stars at the original Arzak restaurant in San Sebastian, Spain.
“Outstanding!!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My colleagues and I had the pleasure of dining at Ametsa for lunch today and we were absolutely blown away by how lovely everything was. Firstly the decor of the restaurant is beautiful, the staff are well groomed, very smart and are very helpful and friendly. The waiters serving us had a good knowledge of the food they were serving and they explained every course to us as they served us. We decided to go for the Tasting Menu and it was fantastic, every course was absolutely delicious. The food is beautifully presented, the best I have ever seen. There are a lot of courses with the tasting menu but we didn't feel too full, we left feeling more than satisfied but definately not uncomfortably full. My particular favourites were the fillet of beef and the dessert of french toast with mango and coconut. I would 100% recommend this restuarant, it is perfect for any occassion including business lunches. We all thoroughly enjoyed it and I will definately be coming back in the near future.

1 Thank xHWxSCx
SimonWakefield, General Manager at Ametsa with Arzak Instruction, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear xHWxSCx
Thank you for your outstanding review and great feedback.
I am having the filet tonight and can't wait

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
“Recommended if you have a big appetite but also deep pockets”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I used a voucher and my partner went for the full price tasting menu (9 dishes). It was all lovely, very artistic and the staff were very friendly. They even turned down our tip (maybe we looked too scruffy?).
The cochinillo was a tad too salty to my taste but overall the food was very creative and good, I couldn't eat the petit fours or finish my dessert.

Please note the toilets are a bit far, you have to go through the bar then downstairs but they were very neat.

Dear Chantal V
Thank you for taking the time to review Ametsa.
come back soon
Simon
“Welcoming staff - Unbelievable food”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Had a fantastic lunch at Ametsa this weekend.

We went for the set lunch menu. Every element of the food was fantastic, in particular the squid, the belly pork (the best I've tasted, moist and smokey) and the pineapple ice cream in the dessert.

The staff were professional, knowledgable, attentive and friendly.

I would suggest, if your budget allows, going for the set menu with paired wines. By the time we had paid for the cheaper set menu and 4 glasses of (very good) cava the price is about the same.

Will definitely visit again.

2 Thank alexjsten
Dear alexjsten
Fantastic review - thank you do much . Good tip as well re the pairing menu
London, United Kingdom
“Evening full of inventive taste”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

thank you for a very nice experience and wonderfull evening. we selected a tasting menu which was full of originality and great taste. my girlfriend is lactose intolerant and the management prepared special lactose free menu which was so kind. the food was not only tasting great but was prepared with invention and looked fabulous.The egg with squid noodles was probably one of the best meals we have ever had. we left the selection of wine on the somelier and his choice of Rioje Reserva 1999 was excellent. After the dinner, we met the chef Sergio in person, making the evening even more special. We will definitely come back very soon. I&J

2 Thank passion4food_ij
Dear I&J
Thank you for reviewing Ametsa. I do hope the thought of the squid noodles will tempt you back soon
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent quality food and good service, but if you're having the tasting menu make sure you're hungry!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We had a wonderful dinner here. As Arzak in San Sebastian has been on my wishlist for some time I was keen to try Ametsa.
The room is nice although a little sterile. The service was excellent. Friendly ,attentive and knowledgeable without being in the way. They explained each dish well and the only mistake was when i asked for an extra glass of wine and they served it to my husband.
we had the tasting menu with wine pairing which for the quantity and quality of food was not bad value. £145 including 5 glasses of wine, all of which were good and well chosen.
The food was all wonderful but you get a lot! 4 aperitivi to start, then 3 starters, 2 mains, a pre dessert, 2 desserts and petit fours! and they were not tasting menu size portions. If anything it might have aided our enjoyment a bit more if they were smaller portions but they were all wonderful. I particularly liked the fact that you could choose any fish and meat dish from the a la carte menu as part of the tasting, and my husband and i were allowed to order different ones so we got to try even more dishes.
I especially liked the lobster with white olive oil, the scallops and spider crab and the grilled tuna with black mojo. It is expensive but was a fantastic meal for a special occasion

4 Thank Gooldie
SimonWakefield, General Manager at Ametsa with Arzak Instruction, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Gooldie
Thank you for describing your visit to Ametsa and writing such a lovely review.
Do come back soon