“Simply the best!”

London Cabbie Tours - Private Tours
Ranked #31 of 711 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: London Cabbie Tours is one man (Steve), one taxi, completely tailored to meet your requirements. Amaze your family with a private London Taxi Tour. Sit back, and allow Steve to guide you around this historic city.Steve is a fully licensed London taxi driver, with badge and registration number on display in the taxi. Licensed London taxi drivers must pass a strict exam, known as 'the knowledge', in order to ferry passengers around the capital.In addition, Steve is a qualified 'Green Badge Guide' which he earned from the Worshipful Company of Hackney Carriage Drivers.
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Our taxi tour was the highlight of our trip! Steve was knowledgeable and funny, but what made this tour stand out was his ability to tailor it to our requirements. The two teens with us were bowled over by the Harry Potter stuff - and I've never seen them so interested in history! We would thoroughly recommend Steve and his black and white taxi to anyone, whether it's your first, or s return trip to London. I've been many times - but I learned loads.

Steve N, Owner at London Cabbie Tours - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Thank you for your positive review Colin, it was great to meet you and your family. When I have customers who have already been to London it gives me more of a challenge to show them things they have never seen before. I'm pleased I was able to do this with your family including the two teenagers. I try to find something for everyone!

There are newer reviews for London Cabbie Tours - Private Tours

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We had a wonderful four-hour tour with Steve. We would highly recommend anyone using his services who wants to have a REAL tour of London and get in-depth historical information and see places that you are never going to see on the big bus tours. Steve will let you choose what you want to see, or if you are a newbie to London let him decide on the highlights for you as this is his expertise. We have been telling everyone about the great tour we had. It's wonderful that Steve will pick you up and drop you wherever it works best for you. Highly, highly recommend. Worth every penny and more!!! We will be using him again and recommend him to friends and family.
Bob, Catherine and Vivian

Thank you for your wonderful review. I pride myself on being 'one man, one (black and white cow) cab', its just me and my knowledge of London - the place I grew up in. My expertise has grown over the years and I want to share it with you all! By being flexible I can let you decide the places YOU want to see or you can leave it all to me to plan a tour just for you which will relieve any stress you may have on being in a large cosmopolitan city.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had flown into London and after a 24hr flight and were looking for a private easy and relaxed tour of London without the hoards of tourists on a big bus wasting time taking you all the souvenir shops and tourist restaurants.

So we had booked a 2 hr ‘whistle stop’ tour with Steve and would highly recommend him to anybody who wanted a private, relaxed well-informed tour of London’s highlights (and I’m sure any of his other tours as well). Steve is a very professional, very friendly, easy-going person who takes his tour guiding very seriously. He loves it and that clearly shows in his passion to accommodate to his passengers and their enjoyment of seeing everything they’ve come to see. His cab is spotless and comfortable and he turned up 5 mins early so we could get settled in the cab so he was exactly on time to start the tour.

So do yourself a favour next time you visit London book a tour with Steve and enjoy!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your tour and for uploading your photos onto Trip Advisor - they go a long way in showing potential customers what they could experience on a London Cabbie Tour with me. I am thrilled the collection of photos is growing with each review and I can't thank you enough.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Steve is a really friendly and professional London cabbie who is using his vast knowledge of the history of London by offering first class private tours in his taxi for up to 5 people. He listens to what you want to see and tailors the tour to suit your needs. It was fabulous to spend 4 hours being driven round on a rather cold and windy day in the comfort of Steves warm taxi seeing all the highlights and learning the history of this wonderful city. He is able to park very close to all the the things he wants to show you and there was never any rush to move on to the next stop. He even had suggestions for a rather pleasant lunch stop and picked us up outside the door to continue the tour. A great way to spend the day, cant recommend Steves tours enough, enjoy your day!

Steve N, Owner at London Cabbie Tours - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

What a wonderful review - thank you! One of the highlights of the tour is being able to enjoy the comfort and convenience of being warm and cosy in the cab when outside it is cold and windy as it was on your tour. You can choose whether to stay in the cab or venture outside to take photos if you wish to. Your photos are fantastic and I would like to thank you for posting them on Trip Advisor so potential customers can view them. I'm pleased you enjoyed my choice for a lunch break - this adds to your enjoyment of the tour. As I've said before to other customers - 'just leave everything to me - let me do the worrying for you!'

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Steve's four hour tour is a must if you want to get close to all the action! He is able to get as close as possible to all the main sites and talk about the history behind each one. We visited the main tourist sites as well as the lesser known interesting places that only a London cabbie would know about! During the tour Steve described London through the ages, from the Roman settlement up to the present day. He took us to see parts of the Roman Wall, still standing after 2,000 years! Then brought us right up-to-date by showing us The Shard and informing us what the building was based on when it was designed. An enjoyable, informative day with a knowledgeable guide who goes out of his way to ensure you see as much of London as possible during your tour.

1  Thank ChelseaGirl51

Many thanks for your review - it was a pleasure to take you and your friends on a 'Girls in the City' tour. I pride myself on being able to as close as possible to the sites I want to show you. It makes all the difference as then we can become part of London enjoying the sites and sounds of our great city and not just a bystander. We almost became part of a demonstration opposite the Houses of Parliament!